Where do you buy your games?

KodiakStar

/'s by 0
Just came into possession of a Nintendo DS and an xbox 360, where is the best place to get games on a budget? :)

Buy used from GameStop, the forum, or eBay. GameStop's prices aren't as good - but sometimes you'll find decent deals and they're instant gratification. :) It's also a lot easier to return a broken disc to GameStop than eBay or similar.

Ebay or Gamestop/EB Games. Sometimes Gamestop/EB Games runs a buy two used get 1 used free deal. Toys 'R' Us also runs some buy two new get 1 new free deals. Keep an eye out and you can score some great deals.

If you want good deals on used games and like to rent games on a regular basis, I would suggest getting a Gamefly subscription. Their prices are a lot better than EB/Gamestop and the games are generally in better condition too. And the longer you're a member, the better discounts you'll get on games.

For new games I tend to stick to Best Buy or Circuit City. For used, hunt for an indie shop if you can. The mall stores have okay prices, but I find that the indie shops undercut them.
Another option is Amazon. As long as you're buying from a trusted source, you'll have good results there. Sometimes you can even find a new game at the price of a used one if you don't mind a sunbleached cover or broken case.

Gamefly ~$200 a year for one game out or ~$280 for 2 out - seems like a lot but at $60 per game its actually a great deal unless you 'need' to own your games

I used to buy games from Bestbuy, however Bestbuy has horrible customer service so I switched to EB games.

DOH! I forgot about Gamefly....and I'm a member!

I picked up the new Ratchet and Clank for the PS3 for about $40 one month after it's release. That's better than EB.

GoGamer has always served me well... And several I've purchased came on DVD (which were not available on the store shelves) and some of those didn't require the disc be present for playing after installation.

I usually just buy my games from stores like K-Mart, Target, Shopko, and if I have to, Walmart. Every now and then I'll buy from Best Buy as well. I try to avoid the GameStop and EB Game brick and mortor stores because of B.S. of selling opened games as new. Every once in a while I will order from EB Games online though.

I'll also order from amazon.com every now and then. When it comes to buying used games you're probably better off on eBay, or a local used bookstore that carries used games. GameStop gives you so little for used games you bring in, and then they'll turn around and sell it for 2x. Of course the used bookstores have to make a profit, so they sell for more then they paid somebody for a game, but from my experience they usually have better prices.

Best Buy, Ebay, Game Crazy; although, my last one in the city is closing. Also EB/Gamestop some times, also Amazon.com

Amazon is my first choice. You can get games for cheap. Ebay is good, but it's less reliable. Best buy has some great deals.

cheap ass gamer... screw being customer loyal this day in age just get the cheapest price! (PS screw BB!!!)

I used to look around the stores in the area, but they never seem to have what I want in stock, so more and more I've just been getting stuff off of Amazon.

Used GameStop/EB, always. I almost never buy new, unless its a game I really want and someone like BB or CC has it $5/$10 off on the first week sometimes like they do for new DVDs and Books.

I either order from amazon, gogamer, or I walk into a Walmart to have them pricematch Circuit City or Fry's (even though Fry's is over an hour away).

there's a gamecrazy right next to my house. their return policy on used games sux but the guys are nice, the prices are okay, and it's right next to my house. i go there for a lot of my games, and forums / ebay for the others.

EB, Futureshop and very rarely, Best Buy. My local EBs are crowded and they usually price stuff at MSRP so that's my second choice on new releases. Futureshop usually intices you to buy by lowering the price by $10 for the first week so I just go for it.

Back