Where do you buy video cards?

^eMpTy^

2[H]4U
This summer, as an extension of my website, I'm going to work on creating a video card pricing engine. The idea being that you'll be able to compare video cards side by side, and see all the prices at all major retail outlets right there next to the cards specs and benchmarks.

Several other websites do this using shopping.com or pricegrabber or some other generic pricing engine. I want to build my own so that I know it's showing you the best prices, and not just for a particular brand of card. I want to be able to click one button and see how much every retail version of the Radeon X1900 XT costs at every major retail outlet with all the clock speeds right there so I can instantaneously find the best deal.

As you can imagine, making something like this isn't easy. It took me almost 6 months to perfect the first incarnation of the system which currently shows newegg pricing only.

For the next iteration that I'll be making this summer, I want to add as many more retailers as I can. But before I do, I wanted to get feedback from you guys as to where you purchase stuff from more often. I'm only going to include top-tier sites, no mom and pop shops. So far I plan to add the following:

mwave.com
tigerdirect.com
directron.com

Anybody have any to add to the list? Any recommendations as to which I should add first?

Wherever its cheapest, but it has to be a reputable dealer. I got my 7900gs for about $40 at microcenter. They had this deal where u buy an nvidia graphics card, you get a free mobo. I got a 7600gts for $100 and the mobo for free. Sold the board for $80. Than I went back to microcenter and exchanged the card for a 7900gs that came on sale a week later for $120. So yeah I just look these kinds of deals so I can get stuff pretty damn cheap. I built the rig in my sig for about $600 :D. Sorry I just had to share that story, so other people can realize there are some awesome deals to be had.

But yeah, wherever its cheapest but also from a reputable company (thank you resellerratings.com!)

I also use newegg and zipzoomfly . I prefer zipzoomfly because of free shipping.

Newegg.com
ClubIT.com
Buy.com

...all get thumbs up in my book.

I've never really seen great prices on current generation cards from Fry's. It and best buy seem to markup way over online prices.

I've never really seen great prices on current generation cards from Fry's. It and best buy seem to markup way over online prices.
Not everyone needs "current". I got my eVGA 7600GT for $80AR last year at Fry's, way cheaper than it was available online at the time.

for those of us from Canada, www.directcanada.com is a sister site to ncix, and is usually a little cheaper.

have been as good as ncix to deal with. site navigation is terrible, but the price differences are worth it.

All my computer parts recently have strictly been from newegg. I have purchased items through tigerdirect and buy.com with good experiences though.

zipzoomfly
newegg
chiefvalue
mwave

...the same places i look for the rest of my hardware =)

at the frys near me they have never had good prices on video cards. newegg is slow shipping to me here in texas. directron is one site here but their prices suck on video cards. i used to use monarchpc but they are closed now. i havent tried zipzoomfly or clubit yet i will when i get a whole new system picked out. i refuse to use tigerdirect they shafted me big time.

Indeed... The Fry's around my place generally only sells cards at MSRP... a 1950Pro there is $200, when it can usually be found for $~50 cheaper on line... But they do have good deals on CPU + Mobo combos.

Back