Where do YOU buy stuff?

SarverSystems

Supreme [H]ardness
Specifically, I'm talking about modding supplies such as rounded cables, CCFLs, grills, fans, controllers, etc...

Local companies for metals, plastics, etc. For the few modding things I buy (cables, fans, etc), I'll go to svc but they've taken entirely too long ....especially this last order which has been cancelled twice because they had one of the items out of stock :tard: ...idiots.

Thanks for the help guys. I have a little something something in mind, but I gotta find just the right place.

I can't really say a whole lot yet, but right now XOXIDE seems to be "the" place.

I use Newegg and Xoxide. I haven't had any problems with either of them. I can't recommend any others as I haven't tried them.

in order of preferrability:

1) newegg
2) SVC.com
3) xoxide.com
4) performance-pcs.com
5) resort to frozencpu and coolerguys. In my experience they're a little overpriced.

SVC has good prices/selection, but I took them 1.5 weeks to get my stuff to me last time.

Newegg is good, quick shipping.

NewEgg, Xoxide, and a local store that has almost everything in stock (MicroCenter).

Format is store site, then what I usually buy from them in paranthesis. Only listing stores that have not let me down:

newegg.com (general)
frozencpu.com (PC-ricer goodies, WC goodies)
performance-pcs.com (cables, PSUs)
monarchcomputer.com (general -- sometimes I like them over newegg because of no tax for CA buyers, and decent prices, sometimes slow-ish on the shipping)
endpcnoise.com (nexus fans, quiet case stuff)
highspeedpc.com (innovatek WC stuff)
sharkacorp.com (aqua computer stuff)

My favorite places to deal with are frozencpu (always super fast shipping for me), performance-pcs (also super fast, and a few products I can't find anywhere else), endpcnoise (damn fast, and only a couple states away so ground shipping gets here [CA] like 2-day), highspeedpc (fast and also very good with email in terms of support, answers lots of questions, very friendly, etc).

Newegg kind of bums me out with the $2 or $3 rush option. The other places, though I realize aren't dealing with anywhere near as much quantity, are consistently shipping items on the same day if I order by a reasonable time.

boardsportsrule said:
performance-pcs.com is quite good from my experiances..
i ordered all my water cooling stuff from them very good service, good with rma especially

Id tell, but then I have to hunt you down and kill you.
biggrin.gif

here is my little secret. For CCFL's, fans, rounded cables, anything like that try BestByte.net

You can buy 2 CCFL's w/ converter for like 8 bucks total, fans for 5 or more (depending on size) thats the only place i'd for for that kind of stuff

newegg.com
svc.com
xoxide.com
chipcooler.com

Sheldron said:
I can't believe no one mentioned the 3 best places to pick up modding supplies...

http://www.homedepot.com
http://www.harborfreight.com
http://www.allelectronics.com

I'm heading to the harborfreight in Pensacola today. They have some really cool shit there for cheap. About the only "planned" modding supplies I tend to buy are a Chicago Electric heat gun for $10 and some heat shrink. I'm sure I'll find tons of other stuff I "need!"

Another site I'm surprised no one has mentioned is usplastics.com

Sobek said:
I'm heading to the harborfreight in Pensacola today. They have some really cool shit there for cheap. About the only "planned" modding supplies I tend to buy are a Chicago Electric heat gun for $10 and some heat shrink. I'm sure I'll find tons of other stuff I "need!"

While you're there, be sure to pick up some of the diamond cutoff wheels for dremel tools! They're 10x better than the fiberglass reinforced ones (cuting power & durability)

Back