Where do you buy fans from?

mrtheshaggy

[H]ard|Gawd
Where do you guys usually buy your case fans from? Trying to see if there are some good stores out there I haven't bookmarked for misc accessories.

FTWpc.com seems to have a good price on yate loons also.

starting at 3.99 and go lower the more you order

Newegg is where I got all mine from. Shop around a little and you can catch them when they have the cheap ones with free shipping. I got my Scythe Slipstream 120mm's for like $9 shipped!

For example

I used to just get yate loons from petra's tech shop. However they kept having issues where plastic would rub on plastic and I had to throw them away.

Newegg is where I got all mine from. Shop around a little and you can catch them when they have the cheap ones with free shipping. I got my Scythe Slipstream 120mm's for like $9 shipped!

For example

If that's a good deal then the ad link for what you posted has them for $8

Whoever sells Noctua. I think MicroCenter had some in the past.

They're not the cheapest but FrozenCPU has great service and fast shipping. They also offer a whole bunch of custom sleeving options.

if you have a frys near you , you can get some decent air flow fans for like 4 bucks.
The ones I got are awesome , they have a 75 CFM for a 120 mm fan.
I picked up 5 of them and it came to like 23 bucks.
They are flawless.
And of course no shipping cause they are right in your hands.

Another +1 for Jab-Tech.

They don't stab you for heavy shipping either...

Best,

Liquid Cool

P.S. FCPU, great service? Mark must have been fired. I stopped shopping there years ago. Hank's too. Although Gary at Sidewinders is becoming a very solid replacement for both.

Keep an eye on M-wave for the occasional awesome deal on em..
I got a bunch of 140mm fans for 3$/ea

Maybe petra's had shipments of the counterfit YL's ? (Look it up if needed).....i had YL's from Jab-Tech that did not have the issue you described...

I used to just get yate loons from petra's tech shop. However they kept having issues where plastic would rub on plastic and I had to throw them away.

P.S. FCPU, great service? Mark must have been fired. I stopped shopping there years ago. Hank's too. Although Gary at Sidewinders is becoming a very solid replacement for both.
That's odd. I've had the exact opposite experience with those two companies. Though I cannot remember who I dealt with in both cases, FCPU was very helpful over the phone while Sidewinders wasn't that great (the guy sounded distracted and annoyed). I've only contacted them once each via telephone so perhaps I have the wrong impression.

I once try the fans from dealsteady store, their price is competitive, and the fans has worked nearly two years, no problem at all...

I just bought 7 fans from Newegg on Tuesday. Cougar CF-V12HP

Item N82E16835553002

They seem to be exactly what I'm looking for...quiet performance fans...

Back