where do i get silent padding?

2wiced

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Messages
3,366
Where do i get the foam that i can put on the inside of my computer, to silence it a bit more. I like having a lot of air move, but i hate having the sound. Is the foam cheap? any websites sell it? what is it called?
 
The only good foams are for cars, akasa makes a good one... But don't expect it to do much, or be cheap :eek:
 
I've heard that the cheap vinyl tiles from homedepot are decent for sound dampening. That's second hand info though, haven't had the time to test it myself yet.
 
I've heard that the cheap vinyl tiles from homedepot are decent for sound dampening. That's second hand info though, haven't had the time to test it myself yet.

Hehe, you might have heard that from me...

And yes, they do a damn fine job of dampening some high frequency noise... The 1.35$ stick on dura somethings.
 
home depot huh :)

any other suggestions on what could be useful from there? cuz i live really close to them and pass by them on the way from school.
 
Whatever material you choose I think it would only be beneficial if you covered the left and right sides of your case as well as the top, otherwise sound will leak just the same.

Is that how you guys understand it to work?
 
Put more weight to your case such as tile which I bought it for like $20(Box) from home depot would cut down vibration and maybe little bit of high frequency. Just get thickest and heaviest. It's foam that deals with high frequency. But both have limits to it. Best way to start with is to have quiet part to start with and that's the best way. Also block any openings as sound escape through gaps in drivebay and some unneed vent holes.
 
Back
Top