Where do canadians shop online?

embro

n00b
Since Newegg dont ship to canada and ncix.com is most of the time overpriced i was wondering where do you guys buy your computer stuff and accessories?

CANADIANS LINK ONLY (or company that ship to canada).

Originally posted by BillLeeLee
I'm not a canadian, but I hear good things about

http://canadacomputers.com/
www.futureshop.ca

and I hear TIger Direct has gotten better.

www.tigerdirect.ca

No no and no :D

Canada Computers has a terrible site and terrible prices ($485 for the Sapphire 9800 Pro OEM? ahah yeah right!), Futureshop has terrible prices and limited selection. The only thing they're good for is products with rebates. And TigerDirect is the seediest company there is. Read their RR.

www.vibecomputers.com
www.ncix.com
www.bigfootcomputers.com

Those are the only links you should need. Check their RR here: http://www.resellerratings.com

Also, NCIX having high prices? Since when? Between NCIX and Vibe Computers, you won't find lower prices in Canada online. If you do, do some digging, because I wouldn't trust them right off the bat. I've done multiple (3+ from each) orders from each site, and I've never had a problem. I had to RMA one thing from NCIX, and service was swift, helpful and friendly.

Originally posted by BillLeeLee
Like I said, I'm not canadian. You people and your free health care. ;)

Trust me.. its not worth the extra taxes.

Yeah exactly.

Remember that you don't pay PST if you order online from out of province.

Vibe and NCIX do pricematching as well, so don't ever worry about their prices. The best places to try to pricematch from are:

Atic (Vancouver)
Infonec (Toronto)
PC Canada (Toronto)

So yeah, my recommendation is just shop around for the best price, then pricematch from Vibe. They have a much better reseller rating than NCIX, and from personal experience, they've been great.

Adrian

Originally posted by angrybusdriver

Also, NCIX having high prices? Since when? Between NCIX and Vibe Computers, you won't find lower prices in Canada online. If you do, do some digging, because I wouldn't trust them right off the bat. I've done multiple (3+ from each) orders from each site, and I've never had a problem. I had to RMA one thing from NCIX, and service was swift, helpful and friendly.

:rofl:

Sorry but that is funny. I live in vancouver, and I shop at the NCIX burnaby store probably once every few months. They do NOT have near the best prices in vancouver. HOWEVER, they pricematch.

www.anitec.ca
www.atic.ca

I dare you to find better prices in vancouver than here. However, NCIX's march sale has decent prices. Picked up a cheap case for moms new comp, mobile 2500 (stepping looks like itll do 2.6 on air :D ), cheapo 17" for mom, 2 kb/mouse combos, 350watt enermax psu and a pc3700 dualchannel kingston kit for like $550. Saved $100 :cool:

Anyway, hope this helps. I know NCIX is legit, if anyone is doubting them. So is ATIC, but I dunno about anitec. Either way, NCIX will pricematch with them. Anitec has a sapphire 9800 pro 128 for $289 right now :cool:

Originally posted by rallytopaz
:rofl:

Sorry but that is funny. I live in vancouver, and I shop at the NCIX burnaby store probably once every few months. They do NOT have near the best prices in vancouver. HOWEVER, they pricematch.

www.anitec.ca
www.atic.ca

Anitec? haahhaha

NO THANKS.

I'd rather not order from people who can't even speak English. Their support is nill and you can barely understand them.

ZERO Credibility.

No thanks, I'll spend $2 more and buy from NCIX.

It kind of depends on what your idea of cheapest prices are. If you compare the same stuff at Vibe and other places Vibe is great. But if you just start looking in different categories for the cheapeast of everything you can find, Vibe won't seems as nice. But, that's because they do there best to not carry cheap crap.

And angry busdriver is right. You might be able to save like $50 (about the most I have seen when comparing two complete systems between ATIC and Vibe) but if you ever need some service... dont expect much. NCIX isn't better in my experience either. The first time I ever called they hung up on me! Guess where I don't order from? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by angrybusdriver
Anitec? haahhaha

NO THANKS.

I'd rather not order from people who can't even speak English. Their support is nill and you can barely understand them.

ZERO Credibility.

No thanks, I'll spend $2 more and buy from NCIX.

Hurray for reading comprehension. Notice the 2nd to last sentence I wrote. I have never been to anitec, nor do i plan to. I am loyal to NCIX, but I get NCIX to pricematch with anitecs (or atics) prices. I wouldnt expect any support for those prices... but NCIX has a decent service dept, although I have only been there once. A soltek nforce2 board I bought was dead before i plugged it in, I went back and they tested it for like 5 min, saw it was dead, and gave me a new one. :cool:

whargoul - it doesnt matter if vibe (i have never been there, dont plan on it) carries cheap stuff or not. The stuff I buy will be branded goods, such as an AMD processor, western digital harddrive, etc. Its not like walmart with a good subject to perfect competetion.

Also, I could care less about prices of systems. I go through anitec, atic and ncix, find the lowest price for each component I want, then head down to NCIX and they pricematch all components, so I pay the least possible. Again, I dont care about their telephone manner, their burnaby store is 15minutes away from my house. Building system by purchasing seperate components from a local store with no qualms about price matching >>>>>>>>>>> paying more for a prebuilt system online.

bigfootcomputers is great, but I will warn you ... EXPENSIVE!!!!

I have been to their physical store and ordered online, they have great customer service and exployees, and super quick shipping .. but they are EXPENSIVE heh

Originally posted by Mojo3k70

true.
i was in the hospital caus i had a gallstone attack, waited a while before i got in. (like 2 hours)
but that wasnt the problem, there was a guy who came in after me, he had OD'ed, puke all over himself, eyes rolled into the back of his head, couldnt hold his head up, nothing. nurse slaps him and goes 'can you hear me?'
i was about to stand up and say "you dumb bitch, he od'ed, how about you go and pump his stomach before he fucking croaks?"

crappiest health care, ever.

^Better then having to pay doctor fees. If we didnt have this "shitty" heath care then you would be beggin for it. How many americans do you think wish they didnt have to pay for health care?

no shit, im thankful as hell for our free health care.

i cant remember how many times ive been dreadfully sick and only needed to walk into the hospital and get treated. maybe its just where you are you have shitty doctors and nurses, but where im from ive dealt with some of the nicest professionals in their field i bet.

and also, vibecomputers.com is great, the people there really listen to the customer base, and ncix.com is good too, they dont listen as much to their customers but their service has been top notch with me.

Originally posted by Mojo3k70

It's worth it when you're deathly ill and need the services canadian health care provides. I would rather pay taxes than insurance.

I'm not sure where the myth is propagated that Canadian health care services are bad: While certain treatments may be 'better' in other countries, this is true no matter where you live. Different countries have perfected different surgical procedures. Corrective optical surgery for example is an area Canada leads in by far over any other country.

Erik.

http://www.memoryexpress.com is where I usually get my stuff since the cost of shipping from NCIX sometimes comes out to being either the same or more. They give a 1 year warranty and AWESOME! after market service/customer/techinical support, and they are pretty good with returns.

In my opinion, Futureshop stinks since they are over priced, they try and force you to buy their stupid store warranty (which of course is a cash cow and is useless since your stuff fails or craps out a few days AFTER the stupid warranty), their after market service/customer/techinical support SUCKS since they take too long to solve your problem (which means you pay an arm and a leg for), if you have no idea about computer they will sell you CRAP (ya wont even know about until you start having problems in which case you will be back over and over to get things fixed and they we be like I told you so about the warranty) and their MEET AND BEAT PRICE GUARANTEE if full of SH!T (pardon my french - and I have nothing against french ppl btw). They just meet the price and beat it by 10% which comes out to nothing - the gas you would have saved yourself if you bought your stuff elsewhere, (they have to "call" the company to find out if its the same product as theirs' even though you gave them the flyer with the better price on it and it's the exact same product), but they "have to check" and make sure you arent trying to screw with them. IT'S RIDICULOUS if you ask me.

That's my 2 cents and I appologize for the rant.

First of all, I wasn't really directing all my comments towards you rallytopaz.

Hurray for reading comprehension. Notice the 2nd to last sentence I wrote. I have never been to anitec, nor do i plan to. I am loyal to NCIX, but I get NCIX to pricematch with anitecs (or atics) prices. I wouldnt expect any support for those prices...

If you can't read between the lines yourself, you shouldn't be making comments like that.

whargoul - it doesnt matter if vibe (i have never been there, dont plan on it) carries cheap stuff or not. The stuff I buy will be branded goods, such as an AMD processor, western digital harddrive, etc. Its not like walmart with a good subject to perfect competetion.

Ok, what is your definition of "cheap" then? IE: the "cheap" stuff you got for your mom? Cause I haven't found many compelling price differences between stuff.

Also, I could care less about prices of systems.
Building system by purchasing seperate components from a local store with no qualms about price matching >>>>>>>>>>> paying more for a prebuilt system online.

I didn't say prebuilt systems. Complete system means everything including monitor, speakers etc. Refer to first quote and comment.

I go through anitec, atic and ncix, find the lowest price for each component I want, then head down to NCIX and they pricematch all components, so I pay the least possible. Again, I dont care about their telephone manner, their burnaby store is 15minutes away from my house.

Well, communication is important when you're doing it mail order! But, if it works for you... more power to yah...

Anitec isn't that bad angrybusdriver, I have had no problem returning bad ram and a bad mobo on seperate occasions ( actually makes me wonder if it was just bad luck...). And the majority of people working in Vancouver PC stores have trouble speaking English;)

Back