• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Where Did WoW Put Patch Updates Wn7

christie

n00b
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Messages
12
I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong category. I need to replace my hard drive and do not want to wait 4 days for all the patches to download. I have crappy AT&T net service. I'm running Windows 7 Pro.

Here's where I've looked for the patches:

Program Files where they used to be before Batttlenet. I've also looked in C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft\ Cache or Logs as well as
C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Blizzard Entertainment\ World of Warcraft Installer

I do not see any folder named patch or updates. I've also un-hidden hidden folders and turned on Administrator account and looked for the files there.

Anybody have a work around for this?
 
The patches normally go into the WoW folder itself. Not the "account" folders. Also, you're going to have about 1.5G of windows 7 security patches, including SP1 to download.
 
World of Warcraft can be moved to any hard drive and run, you actually don't even need to install it. Just move it to another drive and when you replace the drive, you can just move your World of Warcraft install folder wherever you want and it will run with all your add-ons, settings, and updates intact.
 
Wow does not install files outside of the WoW folder, you can directly copy it from one HD to another without issue. I have done this twice now from a XP install to Vista then from Vista to Win7.
 
Back
Top