Where did hobbies go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NulloModo

Supreme [H]ardness
Maybe I am missing something, but the hobbies forum seems to have dissapeared. Maybe I am in the minority, but I appreciated the discussion that went on there without the GM bullshit. Seriously, I have been a member of the [H] since '99, and computer nerds need some extra room to spill our guts about other junk. Unless you are planning on turning us into another Tom's Hardware (blech) or Anandtech (double blech) cut this shit now and restore the H to what it once was. There are plenty of purely computer oriented sites on the net, what makes [H]OCP special is the community, let's not lose that.

Believe me we have been hearing the community. The entire Hobbies section along with the Cars Forum has been relocated to GM, which will probably be followed by more non-computer related forums in the future. The forum is tracking back to it's roots as a computer forum, and you as a long time member would remember and appreciate.

GM is protected behind a $5 firewall which virtually eliminates spamming and general idiocy. For all of the subscribers that join, it's pretty much a slam dunk consensus that the system works well. We hear your opinions, but this isn't open to vote or debate since this is a privately owned and operated website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back