Where did all the SG08's go?!?!

JoeUser

2[H]4U
Got on Newegg to order one and its been deactivated. Can't find one anywhere else online wtf links? Thanks!

Got on Newegg to order one and its been deactivated. Can't find one anywhere else online wtf links? Thanks!

whoa, they're flying fast. It was deactivated before May 16. It came back in stock on the 17. Now they're all gone. Wish they'd put it on auto notify instead of deactivated. (I got mine on the 18):D

You can still get the SG07, unless you absolutely need the aluminum front panel. :) Every picture of it that I saw showed a light gray front, but the one I bought was a dark gunmetal instead (nott like the pictures at all). Regardless, the case internals are the same and it makes an excellent platform for a build.

It is kinda funny that the SG08 is dectivated -- I don't remember any announcements to that effect.

SG08 is better. And don't forget about USB 3.0! I have both SG07 and SG08 and I really prefer SG08!

They are just out of stock. I wouldnt worry over it.

SG08 is better. And don't forget about USB 3.0! I have both SG07 and SG08 and I really prefer SG08!

How is it "better" when it's the exact same chassis albeit a different faceplate? I've seen some of the newer SG07's ship with the same front USB3 ports or you can just buy the cable upgrade. To each his own, but the internal layout in a case (and price) matter more to me than something like a black aluminum faceplate.

They are just out of stock. I wouldnt worry over it.

Well, you could be right but it says "Deactivated" on the product page and there isn't an auto-notify button. FWIW, Sundial Micro lists it in stock.

Well, you could be right but it says "Deactivated" on the product page and there isn't an auto-notify button. FWIW, Sundial Micro lists it in stock.

NE often lists things 'deactivated' when they run out. They should list it differently but it is something they do for some unknown reason. :D

NOOOOOOOO! The company I ordered it from last night just sent me an email saying it was out of stock...shat!!!

Maybe it's a sign there's a hidden sg09 that they stopped production on the 08! One can only dream.

Computex is in two weeks ( June 5 -> 9 ) Then I think we will know more. Only problem is that products are often presented at trade shows but then they first show up in the shops several months later.

I bet 1 cent that they either come out with another sugo or they're going to release the sg08 with the new modular gold psu.

With USB 3.0 on the scene now they'll need to at least refresh their older cases to bring them up to date. I imagine Silverstone will show off their new upcoming 450w psu as well.

The SG08 doesn't need an SFX PSU, and if it's going to get a new PSU, it should at least match the current one's 600W output.

WOOHOO!

Sundial Micro had the SG08 instock and on sale for $188...with shipping it came to $220...good enough!

W00t!

Just grabbed an SG08 from Amazon this morning. Only 2 left as of this writing. :eek: Free Super Saver shipping makes this far and away the best deal on any site.

I just grab one of this locally and i was told that the sale was final. I install everything and this case is really small. My very first mini itx build. Will post a pic of my build soon.

The store where i bought it from said that theyre discontinuing this case thats why the sale was final.

Our US office was out of stock for a while on the SG08, but more is coming this week.

EvoFreak, I think the store you bought it from may have had a misunderstanding on the SG08 (or they are discontinuing it themselves), we are not discontinuing this case and plan on producing this case for years to come.

Our US office was out of stock for a while on the SG08, but more is coming this week.

EvoFreak, I think the store you bought it from may have had a misunderstanding on the SG08 (or they are discontinuing it themselves), we are not discontinuing this case and plan on producing this case for years to come.

I thought so too. Thanks Tony for the reply. Im loving the case so far. My very first mITX case and l enjoyed building it. I just wish the cables were a little shorter. But great case though

I thought the cables should have been shorter too...the ATX plug can nearly rap around the case.

Cable management was a breeze though once I substituted my 1.5TB 3.5" hard drive for a 1TB 2.5" drive. That created a lot of space. Posting pictures once I feel like getting around to it :p

Back