where could I find short 1U cases

cyr0n_k0r

Supreme [H]ardness
Does anyone know a good outlet for old cobalt RAQ cases?

I remember a long time ago seeing a seagate RAQ that had been painted all black (it was so sexy) and it apparently was something called a Segate NasRaq (pretty clever)

Does anyone know a place to find a few of these empty cases (other than ebay)??

Also, since they dont make RAQ'a anymore, mabye another source for a case that is very similar to the Raq case.

ebay is the best place, although you said you didn't want to go there.

Also try contacting some datacenters that had a lot of raq's and see if you can purchase their left overs? I bet they have a bunch of dead raq's that you could buy cheap.

RAQ cases will not fit a standard (ATX/mATX) motherboard and it'll take some showhorning to get a ITX in there. The front LCD also isn't something trivial to adapt for use off serial.

That said, CalPC makes a 14" 1U case in two styles (ports forward or in the rear) that are pretty close in size.

HTH.

ashed said:
RAQ cases will not fit a standard (ATX/mATX) motherboard and it'll take some showhorning to get a ITX in there. The front LCD also isn't something trivial to adapt for use off serial.

That said, CalPC makes a 14" 1U case in two styles (ports forward or in the rear) that are pretty close in size.

HTH.
those are great and all, but they are fugly. The whole point of the Raq was to have the sleek look they use.

Granted it's just a front piece of plastic.. but it looks so much better than a standard flat steel box.

If not a Raq... then mabye something else that is around the same size that is sleek?

Back