Where can I purchase some Tyan Tiger MPX S2466N motherboards? Please help!

Soulstice

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi everyone,

Look, I'm in a little bit of a bind. The MPX S2466N by Tyan has been discontinued for over a year. However, our corporate standard for all of our Citrix Terminal Servers is based off of this model. I would like to add one or two more servers to the farm, and, if possible, I would like to continue with the older standard.

I did a search on eBay, and I did find a two merchants, but I honestly don't have time to start bidding on boards. Furthermore, I'd prefer to purchase the units and know that I will receive them, rather than praying that my bid happens to be the highest.

Anyway, if any of your know of any merchants that will ship to Canada and that still have supplies of new or used Tyan S2466 MPX boards, please let me know ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Soul

I did a price watch search and for tyan S2466N and came up with several results, you might want to start there. You will have a hard time finding older boards like that, they end up being enthusiast boards on ebay and still hold a pretty decent premium.

Thanks for the help guys.

Shit, this is going to be tougher than I thought.

Update:

I checked every listing, other than the Ebay auctions. They're all dead-ends. Every place I phoned informed me that the listing was either out-of-day, or that none were available.

I'm desperate. This is for corporate use, so we're willing to pay a little bit extra. Please, if anybody knows of anywhere else that I will be able to find a Tyan S2466-4M motherboard, let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Soul

Thanks. I took your advice and contacted Tyan directly. No luck.

However, I was able to find a vendor that had available seven Tyan S2469 boards. Same as the S2466, except that the S2469 includes an additional GbE onboard NIC and onboard ATI video.

...ohh yea, it also has a bigger foot-print, using the extended ATX format (13x12).

Anyway, our motherboard situation has now been taken care of. Now I need some processors.

glad you were able to find it.

CPU's should be easier to find.

==>Lazn

Back