Where can I get ASUS support?

DAOWAce

Limp Gawd
Because their support system isn't, and has never in any way, been useful.

The only support I've ever received from ASUS has been through Raja over the [H] forums.

Every time I try to contact them through their support system I get copy/pasted answers and/or broken English, having my questions never read/getting responses not relevant at all to my inquiry, having information repeated again and again, or even worse, being told to call in because their e-mail support isn't for support. Yes, that last part is actually true.

My current lasting issue is my GTX 780 DC2 fans being faulty, less than 2 months after I bought it. They produce a loud buzzing/rattling sound that comes and goes for seemingly no reason. The colder the card is, the worse the issue is.. then after running for a prolonged period they just quiet up, mostly. Comes back at random if left idle at auto fan speed. Also if I increase them to about 75+ they seem to go out of alignment and buzz as if they're scraping along something.

I contacted ASUS to see if they could send me a new fansink attachment; they told me to send the entire card in. I downgraded that request to just fans; same response. More messages thrown around; they stop responding.

Obviously I couldn't return/exchange it and I wasn't going to send my entire card in (as that's basically like sending your Lamborghini in for 3 weeks just to have its tire changed; it's completely unacceptable and something no one would ever do), so I played around with the card as much as I could to get the noise down. In the end, I had to daisy chain zip ties around the shroud to my case to pull up on it so the rattling would lessen in severity. It was ridiculous.

It's now been over a year I've been dealing with this issue. After just doing a full system cleaning the fans are now worse than ever; very loud, vibrating the entire case/stand, even slowing down quite badly. This time I took the shroud OFF, unscrewed the fans, unscrewed the fan holders.. aside from one screw I can't get to due to how tiny the space is. Tightened everything I could securely... it helped, somewhat. In the end I had to leave the shroud off. The fan closest to the I/O just buzzes constantly now, even when spinning it by hand. At this moment, it basically sounds like someone's using a power tool inside my case.

Are there ASUS employees on this forum still? Could I talk to one via PM and get new fans sent to me?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I'm just at wits end here.

Last edited:
you can try something like this: (credits to Unknown-One)

7DRHGE9.jpg

ioBmcWm.jpg

Unknown-One said:
Supplies needed for this mod:
1. EVGA ACX cooler (in your case ASUS DCII)
2. Two Arctic F9 PWM fans (or any other desired fans, but those are good)
3. One PWM fan adapter
4. Two small squares of 3M double-sided foam tape.
5. A pile of zip-ties
6. A pair of pliers and a small file
7. Small screwdriver set
8. Soldering iron, solder, shrink tubing
9. A clip-on ferrite core

Original Post: Modifying the EVGA ACX cooler

Here is Raja's Profile PM him if u want. but he only help in the Asus motherboard official threads..

ASUS support does not exist, its some kind of troll kid toying and no more. Still ASUS is my favorite brand and I mostly (or practically only) buy Asus Boards. but the truth its the truth if some ASUS product require RMA or Support just replace it or try to fix it yourself..

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hence why my machines (and all friend and family builds) now use MSI products.

Hence why my machines (and all friend and family builds) now use MSI products.

I always use ASUS, and probably will keep using ASUS, to the day i've had only a single issue with any ASUS product, I think they make the best products until someone have to RMA or appeal for the warranty. that's the worse (and i think the only bad) side of ASUS as a big company..

Yeah their support is nonexistent and their website is crap but they someone manage to make good products. I had a similar issue with my Galaxy card and the help from the rep on this site took excellent care of the problem.

As for the op my best angle of approach would be to buy an entire HSF assembly from someone that took it off in favor of water cooling or look for replacement fans or another compatible HSF on the internet.

Last edited:
1. EVGA ACX cooler (GTX 780 / GTX Titan variant)
2. Two Arctic F9 PWM fans
3. One PWM fan adapter
4. Two small squares of 3M double-sided foam tape.
5. A pile of zip-ties
6. A pair of pliers and a small file
7. Small screwdriver set
8. Soldering iron, solder, shrink tubing
9. A clip-on ferrite core
Unfortunately I don't have most of those things and have no experience with anything engineering related.

At this point I'd just buy a new card if NVIDIA didn't screw up their release cycle, again. (Where's the 980 'Ti' or whatever they're supposed to have released for their highest end, again?)

The most insulting part of this whole thing was that ASUS's 780 DC2 came out just over a month before NVIDIA decided to unveil the 780 Ti, something they haven't done that I remember since the 8800 Ultra days. ASUS took so long to get them out since their announcement. Everyone who bought these card got really burned (I lost $220). No one wanted to claim responsibility for this and I was forced to live with that loss. This was the first enthusiast card I ever bought, and I was immediately burned by it.

Adding even more insult to injury was the fact that the fans were faulty and acted up not too long after buying the card, and my support troubles are mentioned here (albeit shortened).

Thing is, this seems to be common across most of the GPUs I've owned. My MSI Twin Frozr 460's both had this happen. My MSI 670 with their improved Twin Frozr design had this happen. And now ASUS's 780 DC2 design.

What is wrong with these fans?

About a decade ago I had an XFX 7950GT who's fan failed and caused the GPU to overheat so much it melted the plastic housing. It was running for 3 days before I realized the issue. Contacted XFX and they sent me an entire fansink replacement immediately (just the fan would've sufficed), no cost, no need to return anything.

Nowadays? "RMA, RMA, RMA!" for every little problem. You get no actual support unless you know someone at the company (and Linus has proved this by attempting to go through consumer support chains). It's pathetic, especially when dealing with very expensive products that you rely on for work and entertainment, every single day.

I'll give ASUS one thing though; the time I did actually have to RMA something (CPU power circuitry failed on my P8P67 board, a known issue), it was actually pretty quick.. but I still 'upgraded' (Evo -> Pro, downgrade, they stopped making that line) to a new board (Z77) because I had no PC, at all, and my work/hobby relied on it.

I guess I'll try contacting Raja again in hopes he can actually help with this issue. Been nearly 4 years since my last contact, wonder how things are today..

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back