Where can I get a s-ips 20 widescreen

LostInRehab2

Weaksauce
I've been trying to find a good widescreen monitor for gaming and it seems that s-isp panels are the best for gaming. I know Dell's 2007's have s-ips but they also ship some other type panel as well which is the lottery that people have been talking about. What are some of the other s-ips panel monitors availibleand where to get them.

Edit: Ok so it doesn't look like there are a lot of s-ips panels left (if any) except if it shot myself in the eye and got the apple 20 for $699 :mad:. What is the next best gaming panel?

How would you be able to tell which panel you got from dell?

from the model number listed in the contol panel, check it with google to see which one it is. i think thats the only way :(

+1 vote for the NEC, its 0wnag3

For the Dell, nothing could be easier to check. Put up an all black screen, turn it to the side. Does it look slightly purple? Then it's an LG Phillips S-IPS. If not, S-PVA. Simple.

Its times like this I wish I could go to the dell plant in the area and get a monitor if the have them there. I know they build computers there don't know if they have monitors there too. I wouldn't get the nec because its $599 and I might as well go for a 24" monitor for only $100 more.

I say shoot for the Dell, that is what I am currently aiming towards. A decently priced 20" widescreen with a very high chance of being S-IPS, plus the great features that it has (lots of adjustability, USB, PIP, PBP, etc).

For the Dell, nothing could be easier to check. Put up an all black screen, turn it to the side. Does it look slightly purple? Then it's an LG Phillips S-IPS. If not, S-PVA. Simple.

Many people cannot tell by doing this. They see a purple tinge on PVA as well. With the Dells it is simple as entering the service menu and checking the codes.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1111100

Back