Where can I get a 90 degree elbow for my waterblock?

56k For Life

2[H]4U
The type of install I am doing would benefit from a 90 degree elbow on my waterblock in order to relieve the tension. This is my first watercooling project so everything is still new to me. The block is from a Coolermaster Aquagate kit. I am pretty sure they use standard 3/8" OD tubing. Would something like this be the correct adapter? If it is, do I remove the two brass screws on the waterblock? Do I need a hose clamp on the other end? By the way, here is the waterblock that comes with the Aquagate:

block1.jpg

block2.jpg

it would prob be best for flow to avoid the 2 90 degree bends and just use a greater length of tubing to compensate.

Do you know the size of the threading on the block? That looks to be more like 1/4" and not 3/8". The fittings look exactly (maybe not exactly, but darn close) to the ones Innovatek uses. You can get the Innovatek ones here: Bent Fitting

The problem is, that fitting uses a BSP (British Standard Pipe) fitting, and most American ones use NPT instead, so there might be a problem. You probably will just need to use the regualr fittings. Maybe you could put some 1/4" or 3/8" Tygon tubing instead of whatever it came with, that's super bendy and might work.

Pooky said:
Do you know the size of the threading on the block? That looks to be more like 1/4" and not 3/8". The fittings look exactly (maybe not exactly, but darn close) to the ones Innovatek uses. You can get the Innovatek ones here: Bent Fitting
That looks sort of like it. Which end would connect to the waterblock though? The threaded end?

gclg2000 said:
it would prob be best for flow to avoid the 2 90 degree bends and just use a greater length of tubing to compensate.

Agreed! Water molecules don't like to bash into walls unless they're pushed by hurricane force winds. Then it's just plain damn fun.

Back