Where can i find Vista 64 Ultimate cheap?

fociz

Limp Gawd
Does ultimate allow you to change out your mobo and hdd without nullifying the OS license?

OEM is by far the cheapest route to take, but there are some pitfalls. You can either get the 32 or 64 bit version, not both as a retail package and the tied to the mobo thing is a pain, but you can probably eke out a mobo change or two, but you will have to explain yourself to Microsoft with each change for reactivation.

If you got in on the Windows Feedback Program about 4 months ago you'd have a copy of Ultimate Retail coming in the mail about now, free. Unfortunately that's not much help at the moment.

Are you sure you need all the stuff in Ultimate? Home Premium is all 99% of us need, and by us I'm referring to the enthusiast community. Most would be fine with Home Basic. Visit Business has most of the important stuff as well, and it's a good bit less expensive than Ultimate.

That's a good price and fair shipping cost. That's what I paid last year from Nothing But Software when it was on special

If you got in on the Windows Feedback Program about 4 months ago you'd have a copy of Ultimate Retail coming in the mail about now, free. Unfortunately that's not much help at the moment.

Is the copy MS sends us for that strict OEM or NFR retail or what?

Become a pirate,
be an hero.

Shut up. One, your violating forum rules AFAIK. Two, that is STEALING and it's illegal any way you slice it. I have no idea why people pay tons of money for their video cards, CPUs and what not but have such a hard time justifying a one time $100-400 purchase and at most collages it's cheaper so don't give me that "I'm a poor collage student BS". I'm a HS Senior and I can afford my copy of Ultimate.

maybe look again to see if you need Ultimate......most of the people I know who have it are not using any of the features that make it unique from Premium

I have no idea why people pay tons of money for their video cards, CPUs and what not but have such a hard time justifying a one time $100-400 purchase

I can give you an idea why. it has to do with those same peoples inability to download a videocard or cpu.

I can give you an idea why. it has to do with those same peoples inability to download a videocard or cpu.

8800 GTX BitTorrent Edition, baby.

It comes in tiny pieces in the mail over the course of several days from all over the world, you reassemble it, install it, and... it gives you a wide variety of really nice spyware and viri. Then, when you try and install a newer driver it won't work and you have to find a cracked .inf cause your card doesn't have a valid serial number, or something. Oh yeah.

NFR would be the cheapest.

But then again, by its very nature you can't really buy it "Not For Resale".

I hate to admit, but I do bow down to Microsoft every time they give away NFR kickbacks. Pray to the Microsoft deity and NFR's magically appear out of nowhere, lol.

I didn't have to pay for an operating system from microsoft from Windows 95 to XP.

I'm using the Ultimate right now and been using it since about 10 months

never used Windows Meeting Space and will never use it
never used Windows SideShow and will never use it
never used Windows Media Center and will never use it
never used Windows Mobility Center and Tablet PC support and will never use it
never used Windows Complete PC Backup and Restore and will never use it
never used Windows Fax and Scan but could be useful for me in the future EDIT: I don’t think so
never used Remote Desktop Connection and will never use it
never used Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption and will never use it
never used Windows DVD Maker and will never use it
never used Chess Titans, Mahjong Titans, and Inkball and will never use it
turned off Windows Defender and Windows Firewall and will never use them
turned off Windows Aero and all the other visual effects and Windows sidebar and the search indexer and some other services and will never use them EDIT: I might enable Aero in the future

proud to be a Windows Vista Ultimate user
biggthum.gif

hate the fact that people who’s using illegal copies of Vista (download it-install it-crack it) can easily update their Windows
swoon1.gif

and when they go to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ it’ll tell them:
Thank you for validating your copy of Microsoft Windows.
Thank you for using the Windows Genuine Advantage program. You may now access resources for genuine Windows users.
(can’t say that I copy-paste the above text now
secret.gif
cuz it’s against the rulz
not-me.gif
)

eeevx4.jpg

maybe look again to see if you need Ultimate......most of the people I know who have it are not using any of the features that make it unique from Premium

This is good advise for someone looking to save some money.

Other then that OP are you a student or do you work for a school system? You can get a discount on the software if you do.

Other then that retail if you want to be fully legit with the ability to switch motherboards. If not OEM. Really you shouldn't have an issue switching boards with an oem copy but you never know when they will change and make it harder to do.

Indeed. It's from the school of morality that "it's okay as long as you don't get caught", which is a little depressing. It reminds me of this:

There's an old saying that's long been accepted in fraud prevention circles called the 10-10-80 rule: 10 percent of people will never steal no matter what, 10 percent of people will steal at any opportunity, and the other 80 percent of employees will go either way depending on how they rationalize a particular opportunity.

People have the opportunity to pirate Windows because they'll probably get away with it, unlike a graphics card, and are able to rationalise it by arguments such as "well, they're not really losing anything" (not true, unless they would otherwise be using Linux), "Microsoft are a big/evil company, it doesn't matter" (it does on the scale it's done, and the size or evilness of the company isn't relevant), and "it's too expensive" (most people could afford to buy it, and if you don't think it's worth the money then there are alternatives).

"Microsoft are a big/evil company, it doesn't matter" (it does on the scale it's done, and the size or evilness of the company isn't relevant), and "it's too expensive" (most people could afford to buy it, and if you don't think it's worth the money then there are alternatives).
true those reasons don’t justify it and nothing else can, I used a legal copy of XP though everybody around me didn’t, but it pisses me off that I don’t have any advantage over them (I guess I used to have cuz long ago illegal copies of XP where un-updatable)
anyway I’m in the middle east and thats enough reason, 10% of people here use a legal copy of windows, and that’s just cuz it came free with the laptop, and usually they uninstall it (cuz it’s a home basic/premium/ business) and then install the Ultimate

Back