Where can I find AMD FX proc case badges?

Rudager

Gawd
My proc came in an x2 box with a x2 case badge...it's an FX dammit...I want an FX badge...heh...does anyone know where I can get one?

Rudager said:
My proc came in an x2 box with a x2 case badge...it's an FX dammit...I want an FX badge...heh...does anyone know where I can get one?

the hell?

No, they they have brand new boxes. I saw boxes that say X2, but are the FX-60 chips It still says FX-60... I think they made two boxes... It is wierd... I don't know why they did that. Maybe because the FX-60 has the same Toledo cores as the X2's... But yeah, there SHOULD be some FX-60 badges out there somewhere.

Send an angry email to AMD. I think if you purchase one of their 1000$ + processors they might be willing to ship you a sticker for free! :)

^at that price I'd expect them to show up at my door and gold leaf it on my case. :eek:

trust_no1 said:
^at that price I'd expect them to show up at my door and gold leaf it on my case. :eek:
Gold Leafing is cheap... I think you would want a 24 karat gold Rolex with an FX-60 logo in the center.

I'm not greedy, get me a Bawls, and polish my shoes!

Erasmus354 said:
Send an angry email to AMD. I think if you purchase one of their 1000$ + processors they might be willing to ship you a sticker for free! :)
that is the funniest thing ive ever read in a forum :) just cause of its nature, sry :(

^^^nah you would want the real sticker

I think you can get them at monarch for like 2.99

Yes... but they should have FX60 stickers too, since they also have FX60 boxes. I am pretty sure it depends on the date they manufactured it, but I too would rather get the nice silver box because most people who care want to show off that they were able to afford a thousand dollar processor. I know I would...

noobtech said:
Yes... but they should have FX60 stickers too, since they also have FX60 boxes. I am pretty sure it depends on the date they manufactured it, but I too would rather get the nice silver box because most people who care want to show off that they were able to afford a thousand dollar processor. I know I would...

Yeah...know how that is...some kid on this forum asked me..."Are you sure you have an FX-60...because on your system pic it says x2" ...I know it's not a big deal, but it still pissed me off

Yeah, bummer with that pic!! It could be like... you have a X2 3800... an FX60 badge is a MUST!

Uhhh mine came in an FX60 box with an FX60 sticker... low and behold an FX60 cpu was also in there.

If you bought it "brand new", I'd be asking serious questions. Some sellers would buy these oem and then buy the box/fan from an x2 and box them and sell them as retail.

Ockie said:
Uhhh mine came in an FX60 box with an FX60 sticker... low and behold an FX60 cpu was also in there.

If you bought it "brand new", I'd be asking serious questions. Some sellers would buy these oem and then buy the box/fan from an x2 and box them and sell them as retail.

If you look online, there are two different boxes for it. Even the X2 box has a label that says FX-60. Then again, I guess it would be easy to do what you said and make a label. Let's call up the scooby doo team and investigate!

Here is a link and a pic from two places that have it in an X2 box...

FX-60 in X2 box

9e_3.JPG

Ockie said:

Well it was from NewEgg...so I think they are reputable...but I think I bought it so early that I think they were shipping it in the x2 box...also Centvalny showed a pic of his on one of the threads in this AMD forum...he had the same box as I too..

I will call NewEgg today and see what's up though...what's the problem with OEM though? just curious...I paid the first big price for this proc 1,399 something like that

Update...I called Newegg...and the operator assured me that it was a Retail processor...but still I'm not sure...the only think he checked was what it said on my invoice...so who the hell knows...I think I trust newegg though...since they have both boxes on the images for this processor.

lmfao, better get a few stickers for your car while you're at it, make sure everyone knows what you're packing....

I know I'd be pissed if I got a Ferrari and it didn't have a Ferrari windshield banner on it, maybe with a few V12 stickers too. Gotta make sure when I take pictures of it nobody questions what it's got under the hood...I mean it could be a Fiero with a body kit if it didn't have the stickers on it, right?

Some of the FX-60s (earlier ones I'm guessing) shipped in x2 boxes, this isn't the first I've heard about it. Not a big deal, except for the sticker, it's still the same FX-60.

bobzdar said:
lmfao, better get a few stickers for your car while you're at it, make sure everyone knows what you're packing....

I know I'd be pissed if I got a Ferrari and it didn't have a Ferrari windshield banner on it, maybe with a few V12 stickers too. Gotta make sure when I take pictures of it nobody questions what it's got under the hood...I mean it could be a Fiero with a body kit if it didn't have the stickers on it, right?

haha if you serious...damn straight.

If you're being sarcastic...I hate you :eek:

Rudager said:
Well it was from NewEgg...so I think they are reputable...but I think I bought it so early that I think they were shipping it in the x2 box...also Centvalny showed a pic of his on one of the threads in this AMD forum...he had the same box as I too..

I will call NewEgg today and see what's up though...what's the problem with OEM though? just curious...I paid the first big price for this proc 1,399 something like that

Mine was from ZZF at the same time they just came out. Kinda odd. Maybe AMD had a problem getting these boxes made and just decided to screw it? I'd be kinda upset even though it's just a box.

bobzdar said:

Hell yah... You have to represent. If it aint complete it aint complete.

I just got hooked up by the AMD Brand Manager for FX Processors...apparently I'm getting a case sticker and some other stuff...even a shirt...hells yeah :D

Dude I also want a CPU sticker, how can we contact this guy (I have an old school FX-55 but I'm still cool I'm still cool lol)

neubspeed said:
Dude I also want a CPU sticker, how can we contact this guy (I have an old school FX-55 but I'm still cool I'm still cool lol)
Don you already have a sticker?

Back