Where can I find a PCI slot vent (sans a fan).

STR

Gawd
Basically, I need more air to cool my 6800GT. However, those PCI fans do not work, at least for my setup. What I'm looking for is something like the exhaust vents in the steel brackets that are on the back of the fans, so I don't just have an open PCI cover.

If that description sucks, here's a what I'm looking for. I basically edited out the fan from a photo. I ONLY want this part, nothing else. A two slot version would also be perfectly acceptable.

heeellllppppp2ay.jpg

Does such a thing exist by itself? If not, I'll just cut-up some nylon screen and tape that in (yeah, it'll look bad on the inside, but I only open it up to dust and upgrade)

Sorry if this isn't the right section.

I've never seen them for sale without a fan, although it sounds like a great product idea, and some cases come with 'vented' PCI slot covers. If it's too expensive for you to guy one or two with the fan and remove the fan, you're pretty much down to your nylon solution.

If you do buy a couple slot fans just for the covers, I could use the left-over fans... ;)

Exactly, it sounds so obvious I figured it had to exist, but after looking all over the net, I've concluded it doesn't. So I poped out the remaining PCI slot and taped on some nylon wire mesh. It actually doesn't look too bad and my card's temp wnt down 6*c under load w/20% oc.

never heard of such a thing, just remove the fan or do your nylon thing...good luck

Klync said:
my NV5 came with one.

Bit xtreme buying an Nv5 for that ehh ;)

So did mines but i think i thru in in the spares Box

*Goes to look*

Back