Where can I download Windows Longhorn Beta

Tin_10

Bad Trader/Returning Ban
Well, with the recent upgrade to 64bit, im interested in the beta version, to test it out, see where it is going to go.

Anyone know where I can download the beta version, since it is legal to download this?

Tin_10 said:
Anyone know where I can download the beta version?

searchfirst.gif

"According to sources close to Microsoft, recent release schedules that have popped up on the internet regarding Longhorn are inaccurate and outdated. Today Windows Client Codename 'Longhorn' hit the milestone of M8-2. The next and final milestone before a beta is released is M9 which is currently due on 16th March 2005. Beta 1 of the much anticipated OS is due within May 2005. These new dates paint a picture of Beta 1 being released at this years WinHEC 2005 (late April) if it's indeed ready."

Windows XP 64-bit Beta

edit: 1,000th post!

-SEAL

Tin_10 said:
Well, with the recent upgrade to 64bit, im interested in the beta version, to test it out, see where it is going to go.

Anyone know where I can download the beta version, since it is legal to download this?
Uh Longhorn isn't legal to DL but what I think you mean is XP Pro 64-bit Edition and yeah do a search first. :rolleyes:

SEALTeamSix said:
Hey! I grew up there. :)

Tin_10 said:
well, is windows xp 64bit worth the download?
Sure. You can find several threads about xp-64, but here's a quick summary:

Driver support is the biggest problem at this point. However, supported drivers are piling up pretty quickly, so most people are now avoiding that issue.

Aside from that, people seem to like it pretty well; stability is pretty good.

xbreaka said:
nothing by microsoft is worth a download.

Yeah I downloaded Linux from them and it got into my .pst and re-macro'd everything! :eek:

On a side note, I hear some people use the 64bit beta as their standard install and have no problems at all. What you do daily will determine whether or not you have trouble (just surf the web, gaming, etc).

Back