Where can i download this driver?

Tempest

Weaksauce
Wasn't sure where to post this, but seems to be related to the OS. For Server 2003 SP1 on a PowerEdge 1800, loading Dell's display driver shows up as a Radeon 7000 Series.

Using this driver i'm unable to use the native resolution of my 1908WFP of 1440 x 900.

Unfortunately, this was the only driver Dell provides for this server. Finally i ran a update driver for my display adapter and let it connect to the internet to try and find a driver. It actually found one from Microsoft Update. After installing this driver, my display adapter now appears as a:

Radeon 7000 VE Family (Microsoft Corporation)

Now I'm able to display the proper resolution on the monitor.

The problem now i'm having is i'm unable to find this driver as a separate download. I need a copy of it because we have multiple PowerEdge 1800's where i work. Does anyone know where i could possibly download a copy of this driver?

The only links i can find lead me to AMD's site...and their wizard doesn't have any reference to Windows 2003.

This is a Microsoft driver. I have large doubts you can download anywhere but Windows Update. Maybe someone else knows differently. Good luck, I hope I am wrong.

Back