Where can I buy Apple products in bulk?

daisaw1219

Limp Gawd
Im looking to buy about 20-50 macbook pro's for a business that im starting. Is there a place where I could get a bulk discount for purchasing that many in cash. If the business does well I also plan to purchase additional amounts I searched apple's website but could not find anything about a bulk discount or wholesale discounts. Could anybody help me out

Apple does business accounts. Info on their site. You can also do it at the local store..it's not a huge discount, I think like 5%.

You need to contact Apple directly. That or one of their stores and speak to a manager.

I think the business accounts require you to have a retail store, or i might be wrong. Also, I thought the apple retail stores dont deal directly with businesses

You might want to look into services like gazelle. They'll sometimes sell "bulk" orders to individuals as part of their wholesale business. I was trying to buy 50-100 3G's, but they didn't have the capacity. For you to order through apple you'll be looking at a min. order of 10k. That's a pretty standard size for bulk orders.

25 to 50 isn't really considered a bulk order, so expect very close to retail costs. Sorry to bear the bad news. Good luck with your business.

I think the business accounts require you to have a retail store, or i might be wrong. Also, I thought the apple retail stores dont deal directly with businesses

I don't see why going to a retail store would matter as they'd just put you in touch with business accounts, and you're right about the physical storefront requirement.

You might want to look into services like gazelle. They'll sometimes sell "bulk" orders to individuals as part of their wholesale business. I was trying to buy 50-100 3G's, but they didn't have the capacity. For you to order through apple you'll be looking at a min. order of 10k. That's a pretty standard size for bulk orders.

25 to 50 isn't really considered a bulk order, so expect very close to retail costs. Sorry to bear the bad news. Good luck with your business.

10k units or 10k in dollars. 10,000 units sound like alot to me, I dont even think they sell that many macbooks at the big retailers. Im looking for 25-50 to start and more every month.

10k units. You can buy in "bulk" quantities smaller than that, but not from Apple. Like I said companies that have a wholesale side like Gazelle will do smaller order sizes. I think that less that 50 units you will get almost literally no discount. Maybe some small discount from retail at 50 units. If you're looking to start with 25, and go "more" every month, I'd suggest that you find an investor.

Go to a forum like youngentrepreneurs, and check out what they have to say. An unlocked 3GS goes for ~1000 in orders of 25 and like 900-950 in orders of 50+ if memory serves. I don't know pricing gradient for macbooks, but I doubt it is much different. Macbooks are surprisingly similar in price, due to the massive apple tax on unlocked phones.

Your best bet would be to buy good quality used products and service them. That's essentially what Gazelle does. For the 3G for instance, I'm almost positive they have a stock of the essential service parts (mainly the entire front face), and will resell those phones based on a perfect face/screen and minor damage to the body. They buy them for very cheap (~160-180) and can resell them for ~333 (avg selling price of a 3G as of October on Ebay). Their 3GS buyback is like 300 i think, and those can be sold for maybe 600-700 locked. Stuff like that. You can't expect to have 25k starting capital and have a company like Apple take notice and start bending backwards for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can use Windows for your work, I'd consider Dell or HP. They can usually make a deal on 25 units. Plus they're usually cheaper anyway.

If you can use Windows for your work, I'd consider Dell or HP. They can usually make a deal on 25 units. Plus they're usually cheaper anyway.

What kind of deals and where would I go to inquire about purchasing that many units.

check with apple for business....ive purchased 20 mac pros for a business and they will usually give a little discount...somewhere like the student discount.

Contact Apple. Akotlar is wrong. These are not Iphone's they are Mac Book Pro's. They will discount them for you if you buy them in the Qty you are looking for. As the user above said may be like a student discount or maybe a little more.

I do not mean to bump an old thread but figured you would be able to help according to the previous conversation here. I am looking to purchase apple in bulk products predominantly iPhone 5s and when the newest one comes out I would like to get my hands on those. I am looking to not purchase a small quantity like you stated above with 30 macbook computers but rather to purchase 250 iphones in bulk. Any advice, feedback or experience that you have run into since you initially created this thread?

Yes I want to melt together and make one gigantic iphone I am going to be calling it the ultimate iphone conglomerate also known as wal-mart. In all seriousness I want Apple in Bulk products because I see apple as a valuable commodity and can use some for my employees with the remaining pieces of hardware sold through the any distribution channels.

Not sure if I have to register with the BBB to sell these items or what is preferred. Does anybody here have experience doing this with not just apple products but any hardware?

I work for a very large apple partner. We just bought 40k ipads yes 40,000. Do you know what are discount was? Yup you guessed it, 0% we bought them at retailer cost. IE the cost that we already pay and mark up for our retail stores.

Apple is not big on discounting. The only discount you may be able to get (below cost mentioned above) is Free. It is interesting, if you can get in big with their marketing and show that you owning and using apple will make them money you may be able to secure a few free ones. Basically apple is Free or Full cost.

And so that you do not delude yourself into thinking you can get in with their marketing, The only companies I know that can get anything free are the Telecoms IE: AT&T and Verizon and some people like CDW or the like. But even those companies only can get free stuff for front line B2B sellers.

Apple is not big on discounting. The only discount you may be able to get (below cost mentioned above) is Free. It is interesting, if you can get in big with their marketing and show that you owning and using apple will make them money you may be able to secure a few free ones. Basically apple is Free or Full cost.
I don't work for a "big partner" but we buy Apple stuff fairly regularly and we get discounts on pretty much everything. They cut us a sweet deal on some custom order MBP's recently. I even got a discount on my personal purchase iPad. It wasn't much but it was something.

I don't work for a "big partner" but we buy Apple stuff fairly regularly and we get discounts on pretty much everything. They cut us a sweet deal on some custom order MBP's recently. I even got a discount on my personal purchase iPad. It wasn't much but it was something.

Im curious what the discount was . . . We resell Apple so when I say discount I mean off of our cost not off of retail cost.

Basically Apple made the same wether we resold it or kept it.

Apple sucks at supporting products for business use. Dell and HP on the other hand are outstanding at that.

Back