Where are you JaYp146?

pooMonger

n00b
So i purchased an eVGA 7800GT from jayp146 last sunday, where he said that he would ship the unit on monday:

"Paypal address is [email protected] . Provided that you pay sometime this weekend, I could have it out to you Monday via USPS Priority (2-3 days)."

And when i did pay sometime that weekend, he replied with:
Awesome - I'll pack everything up and ship it out Monday.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
JP

It's been a full 6 days without any communication. His AIM screen name is the same as his hardforum username, so i sent him a couple of im's. He always has an away message up :( So even with his screen name, i can't get in touch with him. Man, this is my second hardforum purchase and it's looking like both times are going to be scams [First time was a 2007fp from Richatarded]. This time i even looked for heatware for credibility, which jayp had. I guess this will be my last "purchase" from the forums. Regardless, should i go ahead with a paypal dispute? Help pleZ!

Have you sent him any PMs or e-mails?
Less than a week is a bit early to be worrying.

Yeah, i sent him 2 PMs asking if the unit was shipped. I figured it was a bit early to start getting worried, and if you think i should wait Vertigo, i guess i'll just wait it out a bit. It's just the lack of communication that's getting to me.

i know that when i sell things, i often don't have a chance to send messages, due to my work schedule... i work 12s like 2 on 2 off, so for those 48 hours, I'm basically unreachable..

hello
I bought 2Gb corsair xms pro to this guy ( JaYp146 ) on 01-31-2007 , and no news from him, and don't receive the package.

I'm waiting news from your asap and your pm box is full

JaYp146
[H]ard|Gawd
Last Activity: 02-15-2007 09:29 PM

if in few days I dont receive package or news from this guy, I do a paypal complaint, and report this guy as a troll to the police office.....

i bought some cheap items off him and it was shipped very fast i have no doubts that he will send it and prob has good reason why wasn't shipped or shipped slowly.. id give it some time but for the other order from 1-31 sounds like a long time to wait

Surely you got his/her phone number before sending any money?

You have to go through hoops to insure these "guys" aren't trolling, especially when the forum doesn't require an ISP email addy (like they used to). :rolleyes:

Always use isp addyes if posible, but yeah it is a bt to soon to worry YET... What was said before things happen in RL and sometimes getting stuff shipped out can be hard to do promptly. I have trouble sometimes gettig right out the door the momnet something is bought from me, but I will always keep my buyers informed. SO yea be pateint give it a few more days...if nothing is happening for comunication then i say start the refund prosses

I arranged a trade with him where I sent him my e6300 for a Fortran 700w PSU & a throw-in. I'm still waiting for it as well. He's received the CPU already.

I did chat with him this evening & even received a tracking # from him for my item. He told me that he shipped the box out last Friday, so with the holiday Monday, i'm hoping it shows up tomorrow.

I'd personally like to give the guy the benefit of the doubt before jumping to conclusions though.

I'll post back in the next couple days with the status.

ok, I just received proof of shipment (and maybe your fortron power supply was shipped same day ;-) :

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5470/img3258ki4.jpg

Your item was accepted at 12:02 PM on February 20, 2007 in INDEPENDENCE, OH 44131. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

and on my last pm, he replied:

02-11-2007, 09:08 PM
JaYp146 [H]ard|Gawd

Re: ddr kit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My apologies for not contacting you earlier.

Your RAM was shipped out Saturday, Global Priority. I've since misplaced the receipt with your tracking # on it - I will send you the information as soon as I can locate it.

Thanks,
JP

I'm waiting 7 days, and let you know if I don't receive the package.

He said:

JaYp146 (08:22:09) : i'm taking a break from Hardforum for a while.

Home for lunch & guess what I got today? Yep, package arrived and everything was intact.

I'd imagine that he's having some personal issues as we all do. I'd personally give him the benefit of the doubt right now & assume your item(s) are shipped/shipping very soon. Yeah, it's a little late, but seeing the package arrive is a ton of weight of my shoulders!!!

\o/ I can finally get this new e6600 cranked up along with all my new stuff.

Back