Where are the pretty pci-e extensions

Mungler

n00b
For the first time I am considering adding a pci-e extension to my build (for a good reason) but there do not seem to be any on the market that are anything but plain old ugly. In this day and age of braided, coloured, uv active cables, has no one started selling aesthetically pleasing pci-e extensions?

I am specifically after a 16x of about 10cm, maybe with some shielding. All I have found so far is something I would have had to think twice about using on my IDE hard drives. If anyone knows of a reputable establishment that ships to the UK. please could you let me know.

or maybe I should go into business making these myself :)

The pcie 3.0 x16 need to be shielded and the wires themselves are like RAM traces so all the wires have to be the same length. There is also a really limited market for this stuff right now. Low demand means high risk for any company attempting to do this.

If anyone does it, they will be custom jobs using existing manufactured cables kind of like how people did their own IDE rounded cable back in the day. There isn't anything preventing you from painting or dye-ing your own. Just cover the electrical contacts.

guess I'll be buying two ugly ones then, in case I ruin the first one when I add braiding to it. thanks for the info.

Kind of makes me want to do a poll now to see how many modders would be interested in this product.

HDPLEX Silicon PCIEx16 3.0 Flexible Riser

detailpicture.jpg

[H] topic: The HDPLEX Silicon flexible PCIe riser

Back