where are the icons for .jpg .bmp and etc. are stored?

chronic9

Supreme [H]ardness
I looked through shell32.dll and i dont think i saw them. is there another file where these are stored. i would like to replace them with reshacker.

You don't have to do it that way. You could go under Explorer to File Types, and change the icons that way. I have my own .dll file with my own icons, and this is how I make the switch.

ya. i googled alot of stuff in the past few hrs and found a nifty lil program called iphile. lets u drag and drop the icons u wanna change in ur system. not as many as shell32 has. but its the ones i couldnt replace with shell32.

http://www.virtualplastic.net/scrow/iphile.html

u saved ur shell32.dll and just replace it with the original upon a windows reinstall? ya, iam gonna do that from now on 2.
djnes said:
You don't have to do it that way. You could go under Explorer to File Types, and change the icons that way. I have my own .dll file with my own icons, and this is how I make the switch.

I just call the file icons.dll and I stick it in the system32 directory. Then, whenever I want to change an icon, I go to the file types section, and when I choose "change icon", I point it to my icons.dll file.

Back