Where are the 8800 reviews?

MethylONE

Limp Gawd
Shouldn't these reviews be trickling out on the net by now?

I'm think the release was still Nov 8, even with the recall.....

yeah I was going ask the same question.. The Inquirer review was kinda ok I guess.. but they usually are pretty low-budgety.. I want to see screenies of 16x AA on 1024x768.

Mazgazine1 said:
yeah I was going ask the same question.. The Inquirer review was kinda ok I guess.. but they usually are pretty low-budgety.. I want to see screenies of 16x AA on 1024x768.

1024*768? Yeah, you'll be lucky to see any screenshots of that. I mean, who in their right mind is going to buy a £480/$650 graphics card to play at 1024*768 regardless of 16x AA?

i got two 7900 GTO's to play at 1024x768 with 16x AA....well until i get a new monitor that is;) then the resolution goes up. damn crappy 17" CRT.

THRESHIN said:
i got two 7900 GTO's to play at 1024x768 with 16x AA....well until i get a new monitor that is;) then the resolution goes up. damn crappy 17" CRT.

You should pick up a nice widescreen LCD, lots of good deals out there right now. The display subforum has a lot of great info... It's just such a shame to have a kickass computer but a POS monitor :(

As usual, H performance reviews lack "apples to apples" reviews... Their tech explainations are good, however.

What reviews are there out now besides H? I will check XS later... but what else is out there with just simple direct comparisons at good resolution settings?

All I can gather so far is that the 8800GTX is roughly twice the speed of ATI's best card... but I want more detail...

With all the new IQ options, H should *NOT* be doing their usual review style... it is more useless then ever. Seriously. They should know better... it is just getting too subjective.

but is fun to play at 1024 x 768 with 16x AF and max AA..lol

and any serious CS'r wont have AA and AF cranked up either.

and any serious CS'r wont have AA and AF cranked up either.

why?

I am curious. I play CSS sometimes... what does AA or AF do to make it harder?

Back