Where are the 30"+ G-Sync/Freesync monitors?

Also:

FreeSync -
LG 34UM67 (34" 21:9 2560x1080 IPS )
Acer XR341CK (34" 21:9 3440x1440 IPS)

Has anyone tried MAME with AMD's Freesync?

Does it actually work for games in MAME that don't run at 60hz? I know G-Sync works beautifully with it, but I haven't seen ANYONE on the planet test Freesync with MAME.

Acer Z34 is the only 34" 3440x1440 ips 75hz with g sync coming anytime soon.

I don't care if it's G-Sync or Freesync as long as it can run MAME games at different refresh rates properly.

I don't count 21:9 monitors either because they're fucking tiny.

I need a 30"+ that's 16:10 or 16:9.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x905qfFUA_s

Apparently Linus got a Samsung UE850 from Samsung about 2 months ago. Not sure why they haven't released the product yet. But we have to remember, some things don't actually end up hitting the market or only end up getting released in certain markets for whatever reason (remember the Asus PA328Q?).

It won't be a cheap screen though. 900 Pounds/1399 Euro from what I've seen. So it will probably be in the $1299 price range in USD.

So the question will be, one $1299 monitor and a $650 Fury X? Or a $750 non Freesync 4K 32" IPS monitor and a pair of Nvidia 980Tis? It comes down to the same price. Just one will run at 40fps with Freesync, the other will run at 60fps on a typical Vsync monitor.

I need G-Sync or Freesync for my arcade cabinet, so typical v-sync isn't an option.

I just used Samsung's live chat to try to find out when this monitor is coming out in the United States.

It was absolutely pathetic. The operator couldn't even speak English. Her answer to the question of when it was coming out was "it isn't currently available in your region." Hi, foreign. Hi. I didn't ask you if it was out here now. I asked when it was coming out.

So after plenty of CHING CHONG PING PONG™, I got nowhere, and I still don't have any additional information on this monitor.

Great customer service.

Back