When your bored....what on your computer amazes you?

Recontech

Weaksauce
or when you want to show your computer off, lets say WinXP Pro, what would you use to show it off? Other than games..Back in the days of demos like Second Reality, we had those graphics, but what now? Or what programs are just super cool? Other than the wincustomize stuff?

Mine would be the sheer organization of it, and the absolute lack of bloat. I'm way too anal to put a game on it...too much bloat, and too unpredictable. Wait....I do have a game....Symantec's Memory Blocks. It eats a full 39K, and is the only Symantec program on the rig. :D

I usually use cool wallpapers and visual styles to show off my computer.....

i put a really funny gif as the back ground...i have one right now that has a gundum action walk up to another one and kick it in the balls then OWNED shows up on the screen... its really funny

Btw i wrote this post before reading the first post (right after reading the title heh)

This is when for when you are EXTREMELY bored, I have no clue if it'll work in all systems but it does for mine lol

take an unmaximized window and resize it or move it, then quickly make a box on the desktop with your cursor (ie like highlighting multiple stuff on the desktop)...

it creates that box that doesn't disappear, and then you can click and make another box, make the boxes/parts of those boxes align and the dots disappear when the new one is over it and re-appear when you move out...

yes it is retarded and I have no clue if i explained it correctly :)

example: http://korgun.10100.org/booooxes.gif

heh

ATM, I use ripped movies and various players. Just seeing the videos with all the glorious detail present is amazing to me.

Or, I could draw boxes on the desktop.

So no games but what about Futuremarks 3dmark03 and 3dmark05 benchmarking programs, I use those all the time to show off my computer when family comes over, because it is like watching a cool video of graphics, and it will put most computer to shame...Auqamark too but I dont really like it much

But if that is to much games for you I would say to "use cool visual styles, different boot and logon screens and high graphic wallpapers are always a kick to most people."

for some reason i find the magnification on objectdock to be amusing

Friends are always amazed at the lack of spyware and how fast my rig is. Basic stuff but evidently the average person doesn't have a clue how to get rid of it.

I find it amazing that a little board full of shiny lines affords me the oppertunity to live out what people were only able to dream about a mear 60 years ago.

Truely it is amazing how it all works, and what can be produced with it.

Some miscellaneous 3D Studio Max renders are a real good way to kill time when I'm bored. It's just too bad it kills F@H.

Back