• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

When you buy your CCFL's...

How would you buy your CCFL's?

  • I would buy them as 1 kit that included the bulb(s), invertor, wiring, and switch. This is how they

    Votes: 26 59.1%
  • I would buy them as2 kits. The bulbs in one kit, and the wiring, switch, and invertor in another kit

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • I would buy each part individually so I could choose the lighting colors, and add an invertor, wirin

    Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I don't buy CCFL's.

    Votes: 8 18.2%

  • Total voters
    44

SarverSystems

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 9, 2002
Messages
7,408
...would you like to be able to buy the bulbe seperately from the invertors and switches to save money?

I'm working on a small project, that might end up being a HUGE project.

The way CCFL's are now, you buy kit that includes the bulb(s), invertor, and switch. If you could buy the parts individually, would you do it? For example, you could buy a green bulb, purple bulb, and invertor, but no switch. Or you could buy 2 UV bulbs to replace a set of bulbe you currently have.
 
To make things clearer, let me explain each option in more detail.

Option #1: You buy 1 kit for $10. In the kit, you get 2 bulbs of the same color, and invertor, and a switch with wiring. ($10 total)

Option #2: You buy 2 kits. The bulbs cost $6, and the invertor and switch with wiring cost $4. You'd be able to buy only the bulbs if that was all you needed, or buy only the invertor and switch if that was all you needed. ($10 total)

Option #3: You buy 1 bulb of any color for $3, another bulb of any color for $3, an invertor for $2, a switch with wiring for $2. ($10 total). THat way you can buy only the parts you need.

Option #4: Self explanatory.
 
well, I like option #3 because it leaves the most modding options available, but $10 as a whole for 2 lamps & 1 inverter is kinda steep since for the same price I can pick up 2 ccfl kits with the way their currently sold, and then I have a left-over switch that I can use for other purposes, or put on the shelf for another use later on.
 
why would I want to buy all of the different parts at different times if they all did the same thing? I mean generally an invereter is an inverter isn't it? Just the color of the bulb is all that really mattered to me.
 
well, if you have had bulbs burn out in the past (as I have), then you would be able to pick up a replacement bulb cheaper than buying a whole new kit and having an extra inverter laying around. Also, for those mods where you want multiple color ccfl's in the system, you can do it with a single kit instead of using 2.
 
I wasn't meaning that the sets would cost $10. I meant the sets would cost the same in the end no matter which route you took. I was just using $10 as a reference.
 
1337m0dd3r said:
I dont' really use ccfls anymore.. to much light...
I keep mine off most of the time. Its just extra heat being pumped into my room in the long run. :(
 
DaRkF0g said:
I keep mine off most of the time. Its just extra heat being pumped into my room in the long run. :(

May I quote you on that? That's just too funny to pass up.
 
Well seeing that places like SVC often have a 2 bulb kit, with wiring and pci slot switch for as low as $2.99 I don't see a reason to have everything seperately, just scrap parts you don't need, save em or sell em. I like to save as much money as the next guy, but for $3 for all that it's not gonna kill me.

My 2 cents
-Matt
 
Back
Top