When will we see a new round of 32" monitors released?

prne10

Limp Gawd
I've been looking to upgrade from my current setup (2010 27" iMac used as a display) for quite a while with no success. The iMac 27" IPS is super nice, and gaming has been fair enough for me as a generally casual gamer, but I want more screen space for movies. I've looked at the current round of 32" monitors but I don't think anything will be up to snuff with my current setup.

So when can we expect the next generation of 32" monitors?

You know something's deeply wrong with an industry when Acer's at the forefront of it.

Pretty miserable. Intel and Nvidia busting their asses and performing miracles every year squeezing out more performance, and we can't spend thousands of dollars to get a monitor that can completely outperform a piece of shit CRT from 20 years ago.

Absolutely pathetic.

ad9.gif

Ah yes, the inevitable "CRTs are still better" BS. Sorry, that ship has sailed a long time ago.

Getting a X34 is unquestionably a better monitor than a fat, smallish and flat CRT which causes massive eyestrain. Let's put that pro-CRT BS to death.

Come CES, I want to see a 1440p 32" VA display. The 27" are nice but I want something slightly bigger.
Also, hopefully we will see the first DP 1.3 displays. Basically giving us a X34-like displays but with native 144 Hz support and preferably even more curved angles.

HP have a nice 32 inch monitor with a glossy/ultra-glossy screen if you are used to the iMac. It even comes in white.

HP have a nice 32 inch monitor with a glossy/ultra-glossy screen if you are used to the iMac. It even comes in white.

I tested it, unfortunately it's a rip off performance wise compared to the BenQ, Samsung and Qnix, especially since the similarly priced BenQ and Samsung support Free-Sync.

There are several 32" 1440p VA displays. Do you mean one with GSync?

I'd prefer ULMB over G-Sync, but from what I've seen those tend to come together. And 144 Hz, too. I haven't seen a 32" 1440p 144 Hz display with a VA panel(let alone IPS).

Ah yes, the inevitable "CRTs are still better" BS. Sorry, that ship has sailed a long time ago.

Getting a X34 is unquestionably a better monitor than a fat, smallish and flat CRT which causes massive eyestrain. Let's put that pro-CRT BS to death.

Stop derailing discussion.
The X34 is a piece of trash. Just look at the disgusting aspect ratio. The screen isn't even flat. If you want a LCD, don't go wider than 16:9. If you only want 60Hz, it is a good idea to choose 16:10. If you were talking about something like the PG278Q or the FG2421, this would be reasonable. But that Acer POS? BAH!

On point: there are a number of 3840x2160 32" monitors. They are all 60Hz but there are IPS and (IIRC) VA options. There will need to be a new digital standard before people 3840x2160 units above 60Hz come out. (with good TMDS transmitters on the GPU, DL-DVI could probably handle 3840x2160 @ 100+, but it has been abandoned for no good reason) There are also 32" 2560x1440 units and 30" 2560x1600 models. These are not available above 60Hz due to lack of demand, though they could run at 120 over DVI or DP with a better input board.

I'd prefer ULMB over G-Sync, but from what I've seen those tend to come together. And 144 Hz, too. I haven't seen a 32" 1440p 144 Hz display with a VA panel(let alone IPS).

VA panels generally have response times too high for clean strobing.

Are there any 32" IPS panels that would be an upgrade from my current 27" iMac IPS display?

BL3201PH is probably the closest to a perfect panel from what I have read.

I tested it, unfortunately it's a rip off performance wise compared to the BenQ, Samsung and Qnix, especially since the similarly priced BenQ and Samsung support Free-Sync.

If he is on OSX what is the point of Free-Sync?

It costs 100 more than the BenQ and is $350 cheaper than the Samsung.

For someone used to an iMac, the HP seems like a fantastic upgrade.

Back