When will the OEMs start selling Vista Loaded Boxes?

TheBluePill

2[H]4U
When will the OEMs start selling Vista Loaded Boxes?

I have a friend that is looking at buying a laptop as soon as possible but will probably keep it for 5-7 years (Knowing him, 15 years if he can). I have advised him to wait until vista ships to the OEMs and some DX10 parts are avilable. He has agreed to wait, but is curious what the current release date for OEMs will be?

I heard January 1...
But pre-Xmas would be a better idea.. but who knows.. I have RC1 installed and its still fairly buggy, not very good compatibility for programs.. Im not too sure Vista is really ready..

-Evil Juggalo

But RC1 is miles better then what came before it
have it installed on a Dell M2010 and it runs ok

it will be after xmas, january if that. That seems to be the most often mentioned release date.

Main reason is to sell out all possible stocks of XP based PC's that stores have piled up :)

-l-Z3K3-l- said:
But RC1 is miles better then what came before it
have it installed on a Dell M2010 and it runs ok

Sorry for the OT, but you have a 2010? You pimp!

I've seen some ads say VISTA READY already. I'd say around Xmas, to get in on the season rush. Tell him not to be in to much of a hurry, It will probably be 6 months to a year, before Vista runs half way decent . Just buy one with pro on it, and upgrade later.Also opt for any optional "extreme" video card, and 1 gb of memory, as well as a big HD. because of these requirements to run Vista a new lappy that will won't be cheap.

Back