• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

When will the 2405fpw be getting hdcp support?

Oooska

Gawd
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
861
I've come across various remarks about the 2405fpw (or equivalent sized monitor from Dell) getting hdcp support sometime in the coming months. However, I haven't really heard anything concrete or any other information. Comments always seem to be made in passing (generally when discussing the 3007). I was planning on picking up a 2405fpw by the end of the month, though if I'll be able to get one with hdcp support some time shortly there after I'd prefer to wait.

Can someone shed a little more light on this for me?
 
I'm totally guessing here, but I would think the new refreshed version of that monitor, 2007WFP, is due soon and would have it.
 
New model 2407 should be out Feb/Mar. Styling will most likely be the same as the 3007FPW, so hopefully you like the new look.
 
Oooska there is actualy a 2405fpw with HDCP coming out its called the 2407FPW and it is meant to be here Feb/March this year.
 
ND40oz said:
New model 2407 should be out Feb/Mar. Styling will most likely be the same as the 3007FPW, so hopefully you like the new look.

Think they are going to strip it bare like they did on the 3007FPW (aka no more varied inputs and card reader??)
 
Nemesis said:
Think they are going to strip it bare like they did on the 3007FPW (aka no more varied inputs and card reader??)
That will be an abomination. :mad:
 
I would expect it will indeed be "stripped bare". You see, Dell now sells TVs, and they want you to buy a monitor AND a TV from them, so the monitor has the DVI input only while the TV will have all of the other inputs...

I think this will bite Dell in the butt HARD as people like me turn to other products which will use the same panel. (Though it sucks that I have to wait to make a purchase another month or two in order to be sure. Why can't Dell just release the specs now? Surely they're already cranking them off the assembly line preparing for launch - it's not like they're going to add any new features between now and when they're available...)
 
Bobby Peru said:
I would expect it will indeed be "stripped bare". You see, Dell now sells TVs, and they want you to buy a monitor AND a TV from them, so the monitor has the DVI input only while the TV will have all of the other inputs...

I think this will bite Dell in the butt HARD as people like me turn to other products which will use the same panel. (Though it sucks that I have to wait to make a purchase another month or two in order to be sure. Why can't Dell just release the specs now? Surely they're already cranking them off the assembly line preparing for launch - it's not like they're going to add any new features between now and when they're available...)
If that's the case, the Samsung 244T would be my next LCD monitor if I wanted to go bigger than my 2005fpw.
 
LOL ^ that thing reminds me of those rft devices i used to use to get free cable

lets hope this thing works aswell
 
Back
Top