When will newegg get laptops with GTX 260/280m's?

largefarrva

Limp Gawd
Title says it all....So far the only place that I've seen it is at Best Buy with the G71 & 51 models they carry. Well other than at boutique pc websites which charge out the ass.

So has anyone heard when the egg will start getting some laptops with better graphics options?

Doubt Newegg will ever carry such high-end laptops with those cards, but who knows?

Have you researched Dell/Alienware or Clevo/Sagers gaming laptops yet that utilize the 260m/280m gpu(s)?

Yup and that was my sort of complaint in my original post about boutiques. I'd have to pay pretty much double what Best Buy wants for the G71 and pretty much the same hardware. Would just like to know if there's going to be anything equivelant any time in the near future that can compete with that one for a reasonable price. Pretty much wanting to know if there's other options at around the same price point.

Newegg in Canada has the G51's which has the GTX 260's

hmmm....I'll have to check that out. Maybe they'll get the 17" models in sometime soon. Any idea if they will ship to the US? If not then I have a way to work around that...have a couple of friends that I could have it shipped to...then they could ship it to me.

Ever thought about just building yourself a desktop and getting a cheap, small laptop like they're meant to be, in my opinion? Just what I'd do if I wanted graphics power. Seems not worth it to get a laptop that burns your lap and runs an hour on battery.

Apologies if you can't do this for whatever reason

I already have a really nice desktop with an i7 920 CPU and a GTX 285 SC video card. What I'm looking for is a good laptop so I can play games and whatnot while I'm stuck in a hotel room while I'm travelling for work.

Ever thought about just building yourself a desktop and getting a cheap, small laptop like they're meant to be, in my opinion? Just what I'd do if I wanted graphics power. Seems not worth it to get a laptop that burns your lap and runs an hour on battery.

Apologies if you can't do this for whatever reason

It's all about portability. Also, as the poster mentioned above me. I get 2 hours out of my laptop in my signature. In reality, where am I (or you) ever going to really be, with no power-outlet available?

Even at construction sites, and battle - zones in Iraq/Afghanistan there are power generators and Internet. While horribly slow.

Just saying!

Yeah, I saw that too. Just forgot to mention it here. I saw the one with the 4870 x2 but it's a little too much out of my price range that I want to pay right now. Too bad they're 15" laptops....I really wish that there were more options out there for 17" other than the Best Buy one.

But then again those linked in the quote are pretty nice...I might have to concede and really consider one of those if there's no luck finding a 17" any time soon. Just worried that I'll be dissapointed in the smaller screen real estate.

But then again those linked in the quote are pretty nice...I might have to concede and really consider one of those if there's no luck finding a 17" any time soon. Just worried that I'll be dissapointed in the smaller screen real estate.
Those machines don't really have less screen real estate then 17 inch laptops. They come with 1920x1080 screens, that is the new 16:9 aspect ration that all manufacturers are going to be moving to.

17" laptops generally top out at 1900x1200 resolution. So, yes, those monitors are a few pixels shorter, but they you aren't really sacrificing any screen real estate with those 15" screens.

Larger screens don't necessarily mean more screen real estate. You need to look at the number of pixels the screen supports to determine it's real estate. Larger screens tend to mean that your eyes aren't as good, and you need things to appear bigger so you can see them.

Those machines don't really have less screen real estate then 17 inch laptops. They come with 1920x1080 screens, that is the new 16:9 aspect ration that all manufacturers are going to be moving to.

17" laptops generally top out at 1900x1200 resolution. So, yes, those monitors are a few pixels shorter, but they you aren't really sacrificing any screen real estate with those 15" screens.

Larger screens don't necessarily mean more screen real estate. You need to look at the number of pixels the screen supports to determine it's real estate. Larger screens tend to mean that your eyes aren't as good, and you need things to appear bigger so you can see them.

The last part of your statement is pretty much why I want a bigger laptop...just makes it easier to read things for those of us that don't have the best of eyesight. lol And believe it or not....the resolution is one of the things I really dislike about the 17" one at Best Buy....just afraid games and stuff would look like crap at 1440 x 900.

Well since Best Buy decided last night to jack up the prices on their 17" an extra $150, it looks like I might have to go ahead and get one of the ones from newegg....still holding out waiting to see if newegg gets any 17" models in anytime soon.

Still waiting on the Asus G71 from Newegg. Hope they offer a model somewhere between the BB model (G71GX-RX05) and the G71GX-A1 from ZipZoomFly at around $2000 :eek:

Just saw it in the store at lunch. Its still marked $1149. Going to give them a call.

Title says it all....So far the only place that I've seen it is at Best Buy with the G71 & 51 models they carry. Well other than at boutique pc websites which charge out the ass.

So has anyone heard when the egg will start getting some laptops with better graphics options?

They should have them now! the 280M and the 260M are getting really hot in the laptop world

Went into Best Buy just to check out the price on the G71...and yup it matches the online price. I could understand and agree with the price increase if it had a better screen...but knowing that it was once at $1150 and now is at $1299...they won't be making a sale off of me. Especially now that it's the same price as a 15.6" with same cpu and gpu with a much better screen at newegg.....now if I can just get over losing the 1.4" of screen I'll be golden.

Let us know what they say.

The lady on the phone when I called was very rude. She said well why don't you just buy it in the store then. I kept tryin to say well its on back order etc. The conversation pretty much got no where.

Back