When using bing DO NOT USE COUPONS!!!

mista ting

Gawd
damn i had no idea that using ANY kind of coupon code or promo code will make your bing cashback invalid!!!

just saying..

This needs scooted over to discussions, as it's not really a deal. Just saying.

Also I was under the impression that it worked at newegg.

OP Is right - I had this problem last year when cashback for HP.com was at 25% and I used a coupon at their store - I got it reversed and eventually received my cashback but the hassle wasn't worth the $15 or $20 I saved by using the coupon.

From the Bing Shopping FAQ
What are some of the limitations for getting cashback?

In addition to limitations we set for getting cashback through the Microsoft Service Agreement, a store may have further restrictions for getting cashback rewards. For example, taking advantage of a special sales event often makes a purchase ineligible for cashback. Using a coupon voids the cashback for the majority of stores, including those you may receive in email or see on a deal/coupon site and offerings on a store's website.

Not a hot deal - this should be moved to discussions.

damn i had no idea that using ANY kind of coupon code or promo code will make your bing cashback invalid!!!

just saying..

You know that block of text above the "I agree" button you clicked? It explained all of the limitations...

The best way to find this information is the forums of SlickDeals.

HP is widely known (to SlickDeals readers) to cancel cashback when used with a coupon.

However, like I said before, NewEgg and Dell do no have the same restrictions.

Sorry it didn't work out for you :(

Huh?

Using coupons only decreases the amount toward which bing cb can be applied to, it does not invalidate it.

Just used bing with my footlocker nb 1225 purchase, $25 of coupon most of which went toward shipping and taxes but bing still came out to $35 since it was applied to $130.

I even got bing confirmation email so...

Huh?

Using coupons only decreases the amount toward which bing cb can be applied to, it does not invalidate it.

Just used bing with my footlocker nb 1225 purchase, $25 of coupon most of which went toward shipping and taxes but bing still came out to $35 since it was applied to $130.

I even got bing confirmation email so...

It does at some stores, it doesn't at others.

It's up to the store's to decide rather or not you qualify for cashback. Not Bing.

Bing doesn't give you that money back, the store does. It's just like cashback on a credit card. The merchant is the one who foots the bill.

I had the same issue when I used a Coupon @ Tiger and Bing was invalid. Thankfully the coupon code for Tiger didn't work so I ended up with Bing.

In the end, its a gamble. Sometimes I get cashback when I use a coupon, oft times the cashback is invalidated. That's how Microsoft saves money on the Cashback program.

It does at some stores, it doesn't at others.

It's up to the store's to decide rather or not you qualify for cashback. Not Bing.

Bing doesn't give you that money back, the store does. It's just like cashback on a credit card. The merchant is the one who foots the bill.

I thought MS also footed the bill for bing cashback?

i added a computer case from ewiz that was specially priced from froogle and they didn't give me cb. in that same order i had another item, but not from froogle, and they did give me cb.

so it's not just coupons.

i added a computer case from ewiz that was specially priced from froogle and they didn't give me cb. in that same order i had another item, but not from froogle, and they did give me cb.

so it's not just coupons.

I used the "BLACKFRIDAY" coupon code at ewiz for a Phenom II 550 BE and just got the email saying I got my cashback.

It's a crapshoot, the terms and conditions state that you are no longer valid for cashback when you apply a coupon. If you do, you've just gotten lucky. It happens a lot, but it's not guaranteed.

I usually don't have a problem with coupons and cashback, but it probably is a crapshoot.

Worst case scenario you contact the merchant or Bing and you can often get the cashback applied anyway. I did it with Macy's, used the 25% friends and family coupon mixed with 25% cashback + free shipping, i saved a bundle on 8 christmas gifts that way, took an extra 2 min phone call to get it straightened out though.

Back