When too upgrade your video card...

lt_shiro

2[H]4U
Minimum framerates which are more important than high maximums. Should be the sole factor when making your mind to upgrade. If your current card can get average of about 50ish fps at your monitor native res on high settings and minimum of high 20s fps. Their is no point in buying a new card.

Depends on the game and individual preference actually. For twitch First Person Shooters (like CS:S or UT) any drop below 60FPS annoys me (and makes it harder to play). Flight Simulator X on the other hand seems fine at only 25FPS average.

I agree about the minimum being far more important than anything else though. Still 60FPS minimum always feels/looks better than 30FPS, it's just not that necessary for certain games or people. Anyway, some people will upgrade regardless, just to have the fastest/newest thing out there.

Video cards have more and more uses too, so games aren't the only reason to buy a new GPU anymore (folding, video encoding, HD decoding, etc)

Minimum framerates which are more important than high maximums. Should be the sole factor when making your mind to upgrade. If your current card can get average of about 50ish fps at your monitor native res on high settings and minimum of high 20s fps. Their is no point in buying a new card.

I fail to see the purpose of your post. A guide? An opinion? A grammatical and spelling disaster?

At least 1 of those

Back