• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

When To Up The Volts?

liquidfluidity

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
2,938
Playing with the system in my sig and have found that I can get almost to 3.0ghz on stock voltage - 420mhz w/7 multi. 425mhz proves unstable. I can get into windows but at some point it will reboot. Stock cpu volts are 1.35v(I haven't figured out the vdroop yet). Ram is set to 2.2v(2.35v is the max warranty level) I tried taking the cpu to 1.4v but it didn't stabilize and I tried the ram at 2.3v - same issue. Ram timings are set to 5-5-5-15(stock is 5-5-4-12) and I'm running a 1:1 divider.

I'm starting to wonder if it's the NB. How do you know when to start turning the volts up on the NB? What should I consider the safest max?

I think that the cpu voltage isn't the problem - or at least not the only one. I have read different OCing guides with no real help as to where to go next. I don't really have an OC goal but I know that this board will do well over 500mhz fsb and the ram is good for just under 1300mhz(ymmv of course). I guess I'd just like to reach into those ball parks.

Any Blood Iron gurus out there that want to do some mentoring?:(
 
2.3v on ram??? dude, you have memory cooling? you up your voltages when the system crashes under load. for eg: when booting windows. Go 1 step at a time. you also need to up your bridge voltages a bit, so it will be stable. what kind of ram are you using?
 
E6550 and heat is not an issue. Stock voltage is 2.2v to 2.35v , on these sticks. I've tried memory on auto and setting laxly -5-5-5-18. Stock speed is 5-5-4-12
 
definitely northbridge voltage needs to go up, i'm surprised you got 420 at stock volts on a p35. An as others have said the ram voltage seems pretty high
 
Back
Top