• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

When people don't do the right thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunin

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - August 2008
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
3,421
From Tobit 5/7

Well, I've got some personal crap going on and need to focus on that instead of my big folding initiative I was planning.

I'd like to sell the following as a complete package to one folder who can get this stuff producing for the [H]orde. All of this stuff is fairly new and was purchased within the past couple months. Items marked with a ** were purchased just 3 days ago. If I can't sell this as a complete package within a few days, I'll consider breaking it up.

Package price with shipping for everything is $650.00 - PayPal preferred. Both my HEAT and eBay ID's are N1ESE

Q6600 - B3 stepping, currently F@H stable at 360x9
Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition, currently F@H stable at 3.0GHz
** 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 Kit
2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 Kit
MSI HD3870 - Teamed up with the Athlon, I was getting 1950 PPD from the GPU2 client
BIOSTAR TA770 Motherboard - Currently in use with the 5000+
** Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L Motherboard - Currently in use with the Q6600
OCZ StealthXstream 600W PSU
EarthWatts 500W PSU - Excellent condition, purchased used from delvryboy
AC Freezer 64 Pro Cooler
ZEROtherm BTF90 Cooler
Pair of 36GB Raptors

Should net someone some nice points.

PM from tobit



Got the payment and packing infos. I will get your box on the way on Friday. I'll try to make it sooner but I am booked up pretty tight this afternoon and Thursday. Friday is wide open.

Thanks again.

Hey man, would you be terribly upset if I refunded your money? I must be nuts to be wanting to get rid of this stuff.

No, I'm going to stick to our original agreement. I've never broken a deal in my life and I need to follow through on this. Sorry for my previous PM, I'm not really this neurotic.

Then i have to PM him to find out because he posts in a thread that he decided to keep the equipment... and get this back:

Originally Posted by Sunin
I really should not have heard this first from reading the forum.

Sorry about the mis-communication. Did you not get my refund from PayPal early this morning? I included a message with my apology in this email.

- JT


Now what shows up in the For Sale Section...

Tobit 5/12:

FS: X2 5000+, Motherboard, and 2GB RAM
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1305397

FS: Pair of 36GB Raptors
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1305275

FS: Q6600 B3 + 4GB Memory
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1305230

FS: MSI HD3870
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1305104

I'm probably missing a thread or two somewhere... but


Point of the Story is I bought all his equipment on 5/7 paid for it via paypal... he refunds my money on 5/8 saying he switched his mind and isn't going to sell it... only to go behind the scenes and sell it on 5/12. Its one thing to accept someones offer, accept payment then to go try to get more for the system else where... Don't say you weren't going to sell your system after all and then go sell it to someone else trying to make a bit more money off of it...

I sir think you are an utter scum bag... You don't accept a mans offer and then sell it behind his back... If nothing else you should have offered it to me again at the price we initially negotiated which was $615 shipped...

/vent off

Sorry but am I the only one that thinks this is pretty damn low? Wow




 
While I avoid drama like the plague I have to admit that was pretty uncool.
 
Yeah I fully feel for his tough situation whatever it is that came up causing him to sell his stuff... but no situation in my life will ever cause me to be unethical!



 
Ouch, I like to think the members here at [H] are a couple of steps
above internet riff-raff, ebayers, stock pumpers, etc.
Thanks for letting us know, Let other buyers beware.
 
that sucks

did you at least get your money back? sounds like you did, but I wanna be sure.
 
Yep I did, so at least it was not theft.. .just shady practices..

Bad thing I was going to donate the non-quad system to the community folding project.

 
I made a post in the other sub-forum :

What is see from this situation is this : Is that illegal ? No. Is that unethical ? Hell YES, especially when Sunin offered to buy the parts for a lot of money, to be DONATED toward the [H]orde Community box. That in itself make him a scumbag to spit on the hand who wanted to make a contribution for the community.

Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do and we should move on with life. The only power we have is to add him in the DNT list and hope he will have remorse.

My advice here is to just close that thread and move one in hope it's just a rotten apple in a nice basket.

 
I don't seem to have the ability to close it... :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top