• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

When does the AquaBay M1 come out?

videogamer323

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 31, 2003
Messages
384
Just wanted to know if you can buy the Thermaltake AquaBay M1 anywhere yet? Does anyone have any thoughts on it?

Thanks
 
It'll be here in 2 weeks, and will be available in stores in 3 weeks.
 
ooooooo, Tt Rep, can you answer a question please?

Does thermaltake ACTUALLY believe that those dinky little fins on the resevoir will really aid in cooling at all? Or is that something the marketing department came up with?
 
If we're to make a watertank to show how much water it's holding, why not make it out of aluminum and have some heatsinks in hopes it'll do something? =)
 
I agree with the rep, if you're going to have a reservoir sitting around it might as well help dissipate SOME heat. But my guess is the production costs is what's mainly keeping the plastic reservoirs around.

But I also believe the reservoir should also have some sort of fill port to add more functionality. I personally don't like the fact that the Thermaltake AquaBay M1 takes up two drive bays for such a small reservoir. If you expanded the reservoir back a bit more, it could dissipate a bit more heat.
 
Just thought I'd pipe in to says its pretty damn cool that Tt cares enough about their costumers to have an offical Tt Rep visit the [H]. I'm honestly not a fan of Tt products (bad experiences), but seeing that does make me rethink a few things.

Now back on subject: I haven't heard much about the AquaBay. Does anyone have any links to good pre-release reviews?
 
Wow, another kit for watercooling! They everywhere . . . so good for all of us! :cool:
 
Tt Tech said:
If we're to make a watertank to show how much water it's holding, why not make it out of aluminum and have some heatsinks in hopes it'll do something? =)

Well I guess so, but it makes me laugh when it is advertised as a buying point "fins help aid in cooling" when it is highly suspect that it even cools the water by 0.01C.....
 
everybody knows that Tt stuff are aimed at the noobies amongst us, those that are sheep and those who like jumping on band wagons (and ofcourse those of us with low IQs and believe everything the marketing department says).

then there are people who do know seem to stick to the established few..

and then there are some who can weigh up pros and cons of each particular component on it's own merit.

therefore, I predict that the Tt will sell to the masses, be ignored by the wannabe elitest few and sell a small minority amount to those who find that the Tt are adequate for the needs of their own systems.

me? I'm an elitest sheep with an eye open towards anything I feel works well in my system!
 
Also please note that a lot of these things are not extremely performance-based. The target of the AquaBay series is basically to take things in a different direction with watercooling. If people have empty voids in their 5.25", why not make good use of it and clean up the tube clutter inside the system? :)
 
Back
Top