When do you think VistaSP1 CD's will be out to buy?

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
When do you think I/We will be able to purchase Vista SP1 based OS Cd's? Also, one last question: Will the SP1 versions of Vista include all those hotfixes that Windows Updates doesnt install like multi GPU fix, etc......... Thank you:)

It will still probably be a month or more for those CDs to be available to the general public. This has been asked quite a bit, so there are already some discussions about it. TechNet and some other subscription services ahve them already, so they should be in the works.

I asked local (EU) MS tech support and they say it will likely be end of April or early May.

CDs or DVDs? If DVDs, you can get them now from MSDN. The 32-bit version has been available since 2/25 and the 64-bit since 2/28. I would say another month or so for general availability. Honestly, I hope they don't offer a CD version as they did with the original Vista release.

They said that Vista DVDs with integrated SP1 will be available in shops around end of April.

CDs or DVDs? If DVDs, you can get them now from MSDN. The 32-bit version has been available since 2/25 and the 64-bit since 2/28. I would say another month or so for general availability. Honestly, I hope they don't offer a CD version as they did with the original Vista release.
I can order a full retail copy of Vista64 SP1 on MS's website? I looked but can't find it anywhere....... Thanks

Back