When do you think Ryzen's prices will drop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What truth? that it offer great performance for the price?. pretty well balanced in most workloads, gaming isn't it's strong point but that's part of the price.. so no I don't think price will drop anytime soon, and in fact I don't think it deserve a price drop until Intel someday release something that can truly be way more powerful than current offers.

Well I buy AMD CPU to support them, but its also cause of the better price/performance ratio. If it proves that the the i770K is the same price for better performance I would go with Intel

Now that the truth is out ?
fark_jlEAgc08mJLCiWZB_VA77k0h1b8.gif

Yar, I imagine you're moreso trying to ruffle feathers than anything else. If there's one thing that Ryzen has delivered on - it's price.

With that said, I'm hoping if Intel lowers their pricing, AMD will respond in kind. Haven't noticed any huge price drops yet, though.

Well I buy AMD CPU to support them, but its also cause of the better price/performance ratio. If it proves that the the i770K is the same price for better performance I would go with Intel

the i7 7700K it's going to offer better performance? yes, specially overclocked. but overall Ryzen it's a better for anyone looking for flexibility. I would not buy ryzen for the simply fact that isn't a single Die chip which already proven it's issues in gaming, however for any other else it's a good buy. for more than gaming I will happily recommend ryzen over intel mainstream platform.

I would not buy ryzen for the simply fact that isn't a single Die chip

Please stop spreading bullshit. This is a flat out lie.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11170...-review-a-deep-dive-on-1800x-1700x-and-1700/5

http://images.anandtech.com/doci/11...e-11.jpg?_ga=1.250523267.444698488.1488681589

And don't tell me you were confused by the guy who delided a Ryzen. There was a line between the two blobs of solder which confused some, but it's one die, as proven by the die shots. People also looked closely at the pictures and could see it was one die.

Do you think a cpu should have all the cores lumpd together?
Not all the Broadwell-e cores are lumped together either:

http://images.anandtech.com/doci/10337/Die - Copy.png?_ga=1.149908147.444698488.1488681589

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10337...x-6900k-6850k-and-6800k-tested-up-to-10-cores

I really don't see the problem. The chip is an 8 core 16 thread powerhouse. The Main boards are going to get bios updates. The boards are missing a lot of overclocking features. The 1080p gaming is strange but as single threaded CPU mark and cinebench show Ryzen strong. Then you have the 4 core versions coming out later that may overclock better. Intel's 8 core CPU's don't clock as high as their a 4 core. I think ill be ok at 4ghz with one and I play at 2560x1080 lol . Surely be an upgrade to my FX CPU. These chips are going to be good server chips.

Reactions: isp
like this
If you wanted a system for gaming there is no point just doing 7700k. I mean we all knew going in that would be the case as 7700k is up there even with intels own chips. Again I scratch my head when people talk about ryzen and 7700k for gaming. Why even wait, Ryzen is a good chip if you game and if you do everything else. Such as editing and multi tasking. It gives you similar minimum fps as intel chips so gaming experience should not change. Average its about 7-10% slower, I think you will see that issue tweaked out a little.

Not anytime soon, lol. Wait for the 4 core and 6 core chips. Those are going to be hot sellers at those prices.

Hey dont forget to go buy that delidder tool for your 7700k as well, otherwise 5ghz may not be in your future :)

Hey dont forget to go buy that delidder tool for your 7700k as well, otherwise 5ghz may not be in your future :)
My third 7700K did 5GHz out of the box today. Still too hot for me though putting it in an editor test system. Delidded today. :)

The other thread said Microcenter was discounting $50, but I saw that the price remains the same on their site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back