• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

When Data Center Cabling Becomes Art

Pretty, yes. but.......

When I was building recording studios (very analog), we were told to never bundle cables together tightly like that, as it can cause increased cross talk in the adjacent cables due to inductive coupling. In the recording studio case, the cables were fully shielded, but even still some current would flow on the shield.

I know CAT5 / 5E isn't shielded.....?? I'd bet there is increased NEXT / FEXT from a tight bundle like that..??

I suppose for short runs it may make no difference but I still wonder if a better way to go wouldn't have been loose cable looms / guides / raceways. It is mad sexay to look at, though....:cool:
 
Pretty, yes. but.......

When I was building recording studios (very analog), we were told to never bundle cables together tightly like that, as it can cause increased cross talk in the adjacent cables due to inductive coupling. In the recording studio case, the cables were fully shielded, but even still some current would flow on the shield.

I know CAT5 / 5E isn't shielded.....?? I'd bet there is increased NEXT / FEXT from a tight bundle like that..??

I suppose for short runs it may make no difference but I still wonder if a better way to go wouldn't have been loose cable looms / guides / raceways. It is mad sexay to look at, though....:cool:

Yup you are absolutely correct.

Coaxial is bundleable like that because the overall shield is actually cumulative (in the event of a high EMI/RFI discharge)

If the twisted pairs they are using are fully shielded (or if they are fiber) then its ok to pack them that tight. But with regular twisted pair, its better to have a lot of breathing room between them. Just like Cat6 has a piece of plastic to seperate the pairs with a millimeter or so of distance.

I think I remember a company that used to make foam inserts, where you could just clip on the cables in a well spaced out but still organized honeycomb shape. There was a good 1 centimeter between all the cables.
 
Back
Top