When Computers Go Blind!

Glitchwolf

Weaksauce
Well. All is good now.

I am RMAing the NF7-S, but right now I've got an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe, or somethign alonge those lines. I've got a few questions about this motherboard though.

First, how the hell do you change the FSB on this thing? It only has settings for 166 333 200, and nothing about.

Second, I plugged two of my fans into the little connectors which are called PWNFAN and CHFAN, and nieither of them seem to be working. Ideas?

Yeah, in the end I need to thank all you of guys for the help, it was a pain in the ass to do it, but I'm back up and running now.

Just set the FSB on the setting for a 400 mhz FSB and you can change it from within the BIOS. Some people have said that different settings on this jumper will change your overclocking results, but I've never tested it so I'm not sure. Try them all and see what you get, I guess. As far as the fans, make sure the Asus Q-Fan fan controller thing isn't messing with them. I haven't heard of many problems with Q-Fan like that, but it's always possible...

I disabled the QFan and it still doesnt work. The area where there is supposed to be information on the fans is just grey.

I am stumped.

I really didnt get an answer on the FSB part. With the NF7-S I could select any FSB from 100-500, but on here there are only the three choices I have shown. Any ideas?

*didn't have time to read other posts*

there can be sth wrong either with pwr switch or the mobo (read: it might be dead...)

Check to see if you have the HD cable plugged in backwards?

I'm hoping to never have to replace a heatsink on a CPU if I'm lucky. If my present MB dies, I have a replacement for it already with a HS and CPU; this will only be a matter of hooking up new MB with new HS/CPU/RAM and popping it in. The new system I'm getting next month will pretty much be maxed out with the 3.2 GHz CPU and 947U HS, so that should be all it needs.

try replacing the power cable that runs from your PSU to your walljack. Sounds fucked up but i've actually burned the cables up. Switched out that 1 cable and everything ran fine. Also try a different video card if possible, even maybe a PCI.

EKeke.

I fixed the computer. LOL!

I just have the new questions.

1. How can I fiddle with the FSB on that ASUS Board, A78X or something, its deluxe.

2. Why don't my fans work!

3. Why is the computer still unstable.

For three I think it might be the fact that I've got a stick of 3500 in there with my 3200, dunno. I gotta format so I can get my other drive working.

Mabey you have a funky power supply, it's weird that your NF7 didn't work and now you got a new board and the fans don"t work...

It's just the two back fans that don't work.

It has something to do with the mobo and them not being turned on but I don't know what it is.

Back