When can we expect Steam sales?

Krenum

Fully [H]
I know we had one Black Friday was that it?. Will there be another one before Christmas? I seem to recall one last yeah a couple weeks before and into Christmas...

Prepare to empty your wallets, yes there will be the week before and also the week after Christmas if it is like last year.

....now?

theres a treasure hunt sale and contest now as well as the weekend sale. Another new sale starts tomorrow

I have a feeling there will be a larger sale around or after Christmas, since the current one isn't much of a sale, and it's honestly pretty shitty. The holiday sale is usually Steam's biggest sale of the year, so I don't think this is it.

I'm hoping there is a nice sale around Christmas. I didn't pick up anything on the black Friday sales so I'm hoping they will have more of what I want. I wouldn't call this treasure hunt thing a 'sale' exactly but I'm hoping like everyone else that I will win the free games.

I'm not going to log into Steam for the week of Christmas. My wallet can't take any more, she's given all she's got!

my steam history says it started on the 20th and lasted till the 3rd. I doubt i'll buy much since I own most damn everything.... :D

my steam history says it started on the 20th and lasted till the 3rd. I doubt i'll buy much since I own most damn everything.... :D

seems about right.

Dec 30, 2009
$13.60
Purchase
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition

Dec 29, 2009
$13.74
Purchase
Jade Empire, Silent Hill: Homecoming

Dec 29, 2009
$7.49
Purchase
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box

Dec 28, 2009
$1.39
Purchase
Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood

Dec 27, 2009
$0.99
Purchase
Alpha Prime

Dec 27, 2009
$12.68
Purchase
Day of Defeat: Source, Dead Space

Dec 25, 2009
$59.93
Purchase
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (ROW), Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Braid, Starwars Republic Commando, Prince of Persia Pack, Universe at War: Earth Assault, X3: Gold

Dec 25, 2009
$9.99
Purchase
Serious Sam HD (US)

Dec 23, 2009
$11.97
Purchase
Defense Grid: The Awakening, Grand Theft Auto IV (US/AU), Sniper Elite

Dec 19, 2009
$9.99
Purchase
Torchlight

Well, I'm broke, so I hope the xmas sale will suck so that I won't miss out on anything :D

On one hand, I hope soon! On the other hand, I hope not! XD

I can't think of any games I really want that I don't have... so I need to not pay attention to the Steam Sales. Going to be tough. :(

Theres only 1 game that i actually want but I looove buying big title games for cheap.

Yeah I'm hoping valve cut a lot of deals for their Christmas sale. Unless it was too good a year and they are cutting back on sales... hmm...

Other sites like D2D & impulse had a good few sales lately. I actually like impulse with their DRM-free everything approach.

Y.

I actually like impulse with their DRM-free everything approach.
I don't think Impulse is DRM-free. They just refuse to sell Steamworks games. GOG is the only digital distribution service I'm aware of that has absolutely no DRM.

Typed a bit quick... Startdock games don't have anything like SecuROM, and the Impulse client itself does not need to be running in background to play games you downloaded there.

I'm not advocating for any one service... I used quite a few actually, all have different uses.

Y.

Typed a bit quick... Startdock games don't have anything like SecuROM, and the Impulse client itself does not need to be running in background to play games you downloaded there.

I'm not advocating for any one service... I used quite a few actually, all have different uses.

Y.

Stardock's own games are DRM free, but there are games on Impulse that use third-party DRM schemes.

Generally there are sales midweek and on the weekend, so pretty much something is almost always on sale, whether or not it's something you want to play is another issue entirely, but it is worth checking at least once one the weekends on midweek.

A few times throughout the year they will have large scale sales, these typically happen on holidays. I recommend having a fair amount of money laying around to buy the good deals that are going to happen over christmas

seems about right.

Also interesting how much of a crapshoot these holiday sales really are.

Case in point:

Dec 30, 2009
$13.60
Purchase
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition

I know this was $10 shortly afterwards.

Dec 25, 2009
$9.99
Purchase
Serious Sam HD (US)

This was $7.50 for the SSHD double pack of both games.

Dec 19, 2009
$9.99
Purchase
Torchlight

This was $5.

It's partly looking like if your holiday purchases are indeed impulse buys, that you indeed may want to think twice about pulling the trigger now and just wait a little while longer?

for me it is:

steam sales, because your fiancee just wasn't mad enough at you before they started...
Meh, my wife loves the idea that I am getting good deals on the sales, plus she knows I'm not a big time impulse buyer with them. Of course the Christmas sales are always the biggest temptations... can't wait!

It's partly looking like if your holiday purchases are indeed impulse buys, that you indeed may want to think twice about pulling the trigger now and just wait a little while longer?

These days I limit myself to $5 and its gotta be something I know I'll like. However Torchlight is the only one of those I really feel burned on.

Back