When are the GTX 300 Comming out?

Nvidia101

[H]ard|Gawd
anyone know a date and what are the final specs on each card? There seam to be a lot of speculation. :)

My brother bought three on eBay, seriously.
They came with real wood screws.:eek:

If you read or search on Google, the speculated release date for the "fermi" GPU is March, maybe...........more like it's done when it's done.

There is also rumor that the first card released will be more in the "GT" class rather than the "GTX' class.

To the OP. No one knows for sure.nVidia ain't saying much other than Q1 or Q2 this year. So it's anybodys guess.

A recent news report indicated that nVidia was well underway in harvesting some unobtainium to use for the GF100 / Fermi cards.

They're already out in Russia

In Soviet Russia Fermi outs you!

(sorry, just had to).

Someone else already said this, but March is most likely, and fair chance it's a GT3xx like again someone else said. That is far from a set in stone timeframe though. GTX3xx is Q2 2010 currently...again far from set in stone.

I just want to know if they will come with a copy of Duke Nukum, Forever as promised late last year...

Are you guys going for the Guiness record of most sarcastic replys in a single thread or something?

anyone know a date and what are the final specs on each card? Likely March, no specs released yet There seam to be a lot of speculation. :)Which is all it is, there is no factual evidence to back any of the silly claims out now.

There is no leaked "insider info" either. What you may have read is a crock

You need to rephrase your question OP. Are you looking for the performance Fermi that beat the 5800 series or the value Fermi, or the rebadged DX10 G92s?

You need to rephrase your question OP. Are you looking for the performance Fermi that beat the 5800 series or the value Fermi, or the rebadged DX10 G92s?

ok im a little behind... Fermi ? If its Nvidia and can beat the 5800 I buy. :cool:

And it looks like ORNL's Fermi machine will be built by Cray. At the "Breakthroughs in High Performance Computing" session on Wednesday evening, Cray CTO Steve Scott basically gave Fermi the seal of approval for its use in high-end supercomputers. The new features that made that possible: ECC, a lot more DP performance, a unified address space, and support for concurrent kernels. Cray intends to add the upcoming GPUs in next year's new XT line (XT6?). Scott said the Fermi chips will be integrated into Cray's SeaStar interconnect, presumably co-habitating with AMD Opteron hardware.

The GPU as floating point accelerator fits in perfectly with Cray's Adaptive Computing Strategy that it started talking about in 2005. But it's interesting to note that GPUs were barely mentioned in the original cast of processor architectures that might make up future hybrid supercomputers. Now it looks like they could very well end up being the dominant co-processor technology for such machines.

from - http://www.hpcwire.com/blogs/NVIDIA-Changes-the-Calculation-with-Fermi-GPU-63016337.html

It's not vaporware, Cray has their chips now, so we should see them spring or summer.

OP is slow on news I guess

it's been called GF100 for so long now

Estimated release date for GF100 is March 2010

OP is slow on news I guess

it's been called GF100 for so long now

Estimated release date for GF100 is March 2010

makes you wonder why not just call it the 300 line....GF100 is such a strange name and alot different as everyone thinking 300's after 200's. GF100 Sounds like Girl Friend 100, like a womens line from Victoria secret...

I'll bet a cold draft pint of Sam Adams it'll slip to Q2. Q1 2010 is the official timeline, though.

GF100 Sounds like Girl Friend 100, like a womens line from Victoria secret...

Or Cyberdyne system's FemBot line of sex bots/assasins?

Totally Captain Picard Facepalm.

picard-facepalm.jpg

makes you wonder why not just call it the 300 line....GF100 is such a strange name and alot different as everyone thinking 300's after 200's. GF100 Sounds like Girl Friend 100, like a womens line from Victoria secret...

because the GF100 architectural difference is big enough that Nvidia thought it deserved a new name ;)

because the GF100 architectural difference is big enough that Nvidia thought it deserved a new name ;)

Ah but it sound like something they would have at the sexpo! ;)

Anyway I can overcome the name somehow.... as long as the results are promising..

they scrapped fermi and are releasing the GTX ti420, basically 4 geforce ti4200 chips SLI'd, 96mb, dual vga output, agp 4x only though.

My brother bought three on eBay, seriously.
They came with real wood screws.:eek:

If you read or search on Google, the speculated release date for the "fermi" GPU is March, maybe...........more like it's done when it's done.

There is also rumor that the first card released will be more in the "GT" class rather than the "GTX' class.

ever since dufus over at semiaccurate said "wood screws on fermi zomg!" everyone's been quoting him like he's correct. They arn't woodscrews. They're machine threaded 1/4" screws (i'm just going based on the pics I've seen) -- similar to what you'd use in most computer related applications. I'd bet Dufus has never touched a bandsaw or even a screwdriver for that matter and has (several) things against Nvidia.

anyways, to the OP, as soon as Nvidia can get it to market. You're probably going to see a soft launch in guise of a hard launch (whats that... a firm launch? an amorphous launch?) sometime this, or maybe next, month.

Back