WHEA and Clock Watchdog Timeout errors have .DMP files

Discussion in 'Intel Processors' started by MeatWallet, Dec 7, 2017 at 11:31 AM.

1. MeatWallet

MeatWallet n00bie

I'm at wit's end with this new computer I put together a few months ago. A little over a week ago I get a WHEA, Clock Watchdog endless loop error. Returned to default BIOS settings and I pulled the GPU, tried one stick of ram etc. I then bought a new PSU and cleared the CMOS and resat the CPU, that worked for a while until yesterday. I got more errors and the only way I could get it to boot was to up the Vcore to 1.35 volts. That worked for a bit but then I started getting the errors again. It's not a temp issue everything looks good. It's a 7700K that was delidded by Silicon Lottery with Strix Z270E MB, Corsair 650 PSU, Gigabyte 1080, 16GB Trident Z and Seagate HD. I have the dump files but no idea how to read them. Could someone please help me out? I have no clue what to do now. I can't the .dmp files for some reason but I can email them to you.

2. Montu

Montu [H]ard DCOTM x4

If it's doing that at stock speeds it sounds like you have a bum cpu.

3. defaultluser

defaultluser [H]ardForum Junkie

Delid so you can get a 200MHz higher overclock, it comes with it a chance of damage.

Boggles my mind why people do this.

4. MeatWallet

MeatWallet n00bie

For me it was more about the temps. Mine got pretty hot at stock speeds. Definitely a risk and it may have bit me on the ass in this instance. Hoping it's not the case!

5. tangoseal

tangoseal [H]ardness Supreme

Try running a skykake x at 4.8 all cores without delidding. Not happening.

And on an 8x00k series you can go to 5.3 ghz on delid maybe 5.4.

Far from your paltry claims.