• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Whats your setup? (Single boot users only!)

rubasu

n00b
Joined
Feb 8, 2006
Messages
61
Just wanted to know what is your setup on your LINUX only box, dual boots dont count, must be your linux dedicated machines!

mine:

Workstation one (Main)

P4 3.0 @ 3.6 socket 478 Prescott HT
2GB RAM DDR2 Dual Channel
400GB SATA
Watercooled

Slackware Linux 10.2
Kernel 2.6.15
Xorg 6.9
Windowmaker

--

Server

AMD Athlon 1.4
1GB RAM DDR266
960GB eIDE
Custom cooled (lol)
Slackware 10.2
kernel 2.6.15
Xorg 6.9
Windowmaker


--

Workstation three (test machine, backup router & firewall)

AMD k6/2 450
256MB ram
10gb
Slackware 10.2
Kernel 2.6.15 & 2.4.32(switching sometimes)
Xorg 6.9
Fluxbox (meh)
 
edit: back up at school now; I've added a few things

main desktop:
AthlonXP 2200
Asus A7N8X deluxe
1 gig cheap ram
~1 terabyte storage
quadro4 700xgl

2.6.16_rc4-no1
xorg7.0 with kde3.5.1

internet gateway:
shitty old compaq athlon 900MHz
256 megs of ram(I think)
40 gig hard drive

2.6.13-gentoo-r5
up 16 days, 32 min, 1 user, load average: 1.00, 1.02, 1.00

htpc:
shitty old dell from the side of the road
800MHz P3
256 megs ram
hard drive(not sure of the size; all media is stored on my desktop)

2.6.11-ck8
xorg6.8.2 with xfce4
up 179 days, 4:07, 6 users, load average: 0.00, 0.11, 0.24

system 4:
shitty old POS(point of sale) system from pancake city
800MHz P3
160 megs ram
6.8 gig hard drive

2.6.15-gentoo-r1
xorg7.0 with fluxbox
up 15 days, 6:18, 2 users, load average: 1.00, 1.02, 1.00

dualie:
abit bp6 with dual 433s running at 541
256 megs ram
a couple small hard drives

2.6.13-gentoo-r3
up 10 days, 3:55, 1 user, load average: 2.10, 2.10, 2.09

system 6:
shitty old dell optiplex
P2 333, I believe
128 megs ram
4.3 gig hard drive

xorg6.9 with xfce4
2.6.12-9-386
up 34 days, 8:27, 2 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
---------------------

That is all. I'm away for the week and I don't have access to my network, so that's why I'm not sure about all my kernel versions. All my machines(except the optiplex) run distccd so I can do distributed compiles. All machines run gentoo(except the optiplex; it runs ubuntu).
 
Who, gentoo dominating so far

I am hoping to find the time for gentoo eventually
 
Laptop
Latitude C510
Celeron 1.4ghz
512mb PC100
40gb 5400 RPM Samsung
Crappy 8mb shared ATI chip

Ubuntu Linux 5.10

Workstation
Pentium 4 2.4b
1gb Corsair XMS DDR 400 (2x 512mb)
74gb Raptor
GeForce 5500 256mb AGP 8x
Audigy 2 ZS

Gentoo Linux (Kernel 2.6.15, Xorg 6.8.2, KDE 3.5.1)

Server
Athlon XP 2500+
1gb Corsair ValueSelect DDR400 (2x 512MB)
2x 200GB DiamondMax 10 Raid-1
Geforce FX 5200 128mb

Gentoo Linux (Kernel 2.6.9, apache2 + friends, samba, bind, postfix + friends)
 
Laptop 1:

Ubuntu 5.10
P4 2.8ghz
512mb PC2700
30gb HD


Laptop 2:

Same as Laptop 1


Firewall:

IPCop
Celeron 800mhz
512mb PC133
512mb CF HD


Server:

Debian 3.1
AMD Semperon 64 3100+
1gb PC3200
320gb RAID 1 HD
 
My main workstation runs FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE of some patchlevel.
Foxconn KT600A mobo (it was cheap, it replaced an EPoX KT400A board with bad caps)
XP1800+
512M RAM
FX5600 256M
Intel Pro/1000 NIC
SB Live
AHA-2940U2W SCSI controller
9G UW2 SCSI drive (homedirs and media are NFS-mounted; I don't need lots of local space)

File server runs FreeBSD-6.0-RELEASE of some patchlevel.
4U rack case
Tyan Tiger LE
2x PIII/733EB
512M RAM
Intel Pro/1000+ 64-bit/66MHz NIC
2x WD800JBs in RAID1

Firewall runs (surprise!) FreeBSD-6.0-RELEASE of some patchlevel
2U rack case
EPoX microATX mobo
Duron 900
256M RAM (lose 8M to the on-board video...)
20G IDE drive
Intel Pro/100+ NIC (internal wired)
3Com 3CSOHO100 NIC (external)
Netgear MA311 802.11b wireless NIC (internal wireless)

I've got a back-up file server, another FreeBSD test box, a NetBSD machine that hosts the world for my NetBSD/dreamcast shenanigans and a Dreamcast that runs NetBSD. None of them are really noteworthy, though.
 
Workstation:

ASRock K7VT4A+
Sempron 2600
1GB RAM
nVidia 6200
40GB IDE HD (Soon to be replaced with an SATA RAID1 setup)
16x DVD
52x CD-RW
CentOS 4.2

Firewall:

Dell GX100 SFF
Celeron 566Mhz
384MB RAM
3 x 3com 3c905 NICs
10GB HD
8x DVD
FreeBSD 6.0 (pf + altq for firewall and QoS)
 
Every one of my boxes runs Gentoo Linux...no windows is allowed on any of my hardware :cool:

Main Box:
Abit IL8 (945P + ICH7)
P4 560J @ 4.03ghz
1gb Geil PC2-4300
MSI Geforce 6200TC (64mb onboard)
Audigy w/ Technics SA-350 and Bose bookshelf speakers
74gb raptor / 120gb barracuda / 160gb deskstar
Intel Pro/100+ NIC

Backup box (at home, so I have a desktop to use when I'm back from college):
Tyan Tiger 100 (440bx + pIIxn)
Dual 800mhz P3's @ 1.06ghz each
768mb pc133
Chaintech 128mb GF4 ti4200
Some random C-media 5.1 sound card
40gb WD
Via Rhine II NIC

Laptop:
Thinkpad x24
Mobile P3 1.13ghz
256mb pc133
mobility radeon 8mb
30gb travelstar
prism 2.5 mini-pci / intel pro100 ve

My kick-ass awesome server (using the term loosely....):
some random Asus SS7 mobo
Pentium 1 233mhz
128mb ram
8mb ati rage 3d
a few random nic's
about 15gb of storage in 3 hard drives
the worlds crappiest case, with beer bottle caps glued onto it :D



Probably a few others around here...but they're probably either non-functional at the moment or I just don't care about them.


BTW I'd certainly say a dreamcast running netbsd is noteworthy!

Oh, and most of the boxes are running vanilla-sources 2.6.16, except maybe the duallie...it might be on gentoo-sources 2.6.15.
 
Desktop

P4 2.8c
MX 4000
512MB cheapo RAM
2 x 120GB Seagate IDEs
Pioneer DVD RW
Sony 21" CRT

Laptop

K6-2 450
256MB RAM
6GB HD
14" screen does 1024x768

My desktop as of today is SUSE. I have been running Zenwalk Core 2.2 with KDE 3.5.1. I'ce been using ZW for some months now as I've learned linux and I wanted to see what's out there in comparison. Since I had ocmpiled my own KDE I esp wanted to see how KDE looked on a large distro. So far it's just peachy. It might take an extra 10 sec to boot or less, and maybe uses a little more RAM, but the trade off is I don't have to maintain my own half a distro lol.

My laptop runs Kwort. Lightweight distro based from Zenwalk. The old K6-2 is plenty fast for this as a surfer machine.
 
Tecnincally mine is a dual boot but the 3gb windows "install" is non functional and the only reason its still there is because I'm too lazy to delete it.

My hardware is nothing spectacular.
 
Main Box:
ASUS P4B533-E
P4 2.4Gig
1Gig PC2400
nVidia 6600GT
Audigy player
2x80gig Mators
Intel Pro/100+ NIC
RaLink 2500PCI WiFi card

Running Gentoo very happily (major upgrade end of year for 64bit and all that jaz)
Xorg7, GNOME 2.14, Xgl (on and off, a bit buggy some times)

I also have a SLUG (NSLU2) for network storage a ARM processor running Unslung linux (but tempted with putting Gentoo on it as well...)
Used for Network storage (a 160gig HD attached), running SAMBA
Use for Torrent downloads for always-on seeding/downloading
SSH control
FTP server
...
 
FileServer:
Gentoo 2006.0 AMD64 2.6.15 (probably downgrading to x86 soon for software compatability)
Desktop: Gnome/KDE (rarely used, I prefer the CLI through SSH)
A64 3000+
1GB PC2700
GF6600
RocketRAID 2230 PCIe x4
- 4xWD 320GB SATA in RAID-5
Samsung 80GB System Drive
Seagate 300GB(soon to be pulled and replaced by another WD 320GB to be added to Raid)
Code:
dew@Gentoo5 ~ $ df -h | grep Filesyste && df -h | grep /dev/sd
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda3              73G   16G   53G  24% /
/dev/sdb1             280G   24G  257G   9% /mnt/tv
/dev/sdc1             894G  705G  190G  79% /mnt/terabyte


TorrentBox(Also acts as WAN load balancing router):
Gentoo 2005.1 x86 2.6.15 (Moving to Debian soon, gentoo and mono doesn't seem to play well with BF2CCD)
Desktop: Gnome (For Azureus)
Sempron64 3200+
768MB PC3200
Maxtor 80GB
Intel 21143 Quad-NIC
 
Desktop:
Shuttle SN95G5 (nforce3 250)
AMD 3500+
2x Cruicial Ballistix PC4000 512 MB
Radeon 9800 Pro
2x Segate 200 GB SATA drives
Liteon 8X Dvd burner
Mostly functioning Logitech MX3100 cordless duo

(Although technically windows XP has a tiny tiny partition, it has only been booted into twice since august, which is because my logitech harmony remote can only be programmed through windows, and I had to update when I got my new Plasma, and when I got the PS2, so I consider this a dedicated linux box, windows is relegated to the end of a tiny partition)

Running Gentoo, kernel 2.6.15 (x86)
KDE 3.5, or sometimes fluxbox when I'm bored

Laptop is linux only:
IBM Thinkpad X31
Pentium M 1.6
512 MB PC2700 RAM
40 GB 5400 RPM travelstar
Bluetooth and A/B/G IBM wireless

Running Ubuntu Breezy 5.10
Gnome 2.12
 
Hey, at least one of my dual boots spend most of its time in FreeBSD. ;)
Anyway.

1 : Server and 2nd desktop (Sysinfo).
Underclocked XP2000+ (to let me use a more silent HSF)
1GB ram
560GB HD on three disks
FreeBSD 5.4

2 : Router
P2 - 300MHz
192? Mb ram
270MB HD (overkill, really)
M0n0wall (whatever version is current)

3 : The school computer (Dell optiplex GX270)
P4 2.6 (with HT)
1Gb ram
80GB Hd
(but only 15 GB usable to me right now; there's two dead windows installs on it I haven't felt the need to wipe.)
FreeBSD 7.0

4 : Digital PWS 433au
Alpha EV56 433MHz
256MB ram
40GB IDE + 2x2GB SCSI
FreeBSD 5.3 (But I've got both Tru64 and openVMS lying around, and I just might be able to get my hands on a graphics card they'll handle.)
 
My one and only Linux box:

Dell Inspiron 8500 Laptop
Pentium 4 2.4GHz, 256MB RAM, 30GB HD, 802.11 wireless (not working)

Redhat Fedora Core 4, GNOME, Openoffice.org, Eclipse, and a whole bunch of other goodies.
 
My FreeBSD system specifications are here:

FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE, going to upgrade to FreeBSD 6.1 after it breaks 365 days of uptime in about 20 days.

P4 northwood 3200 mhz
2GB Crucial PC3200 ECC DDR RAM
Intel SE7210TP1-E Server mainboard
3Ware 9500S-4LP SATA RAID controller
1 WDC 120gb 7200RPM SATA hard drive is boot / system volume
1 WDC 250gb 7200RPM SATA hard drive as backup drive
4 WDC 250gb 7200RPM SATA hard drives in RAID-5 attached to the 3ware controller
Addtronics 7890 full tower chasis
PC Power and Cooling Turbo-Cool 510ATX
External SCSI DLT-IIIXT tape drive
DVD-ROM drive.
APC Smart-UPS 1400.
 
Workstation(My Main Programming Box)

Ubuntu 5.10

Some old gateway
P3 800
384 MB PC133
Riva TNT2
WD 10GB harddrive.
Some old SoundBlaster

Hopefullying in the next couple months this will be a P4 3.4 and a 1 gig of ram. and I can use this as my filesever.
All my work gets done on this box. Unfortunally I still play on Windows though but if i could get my games to run on linux I would be pure linux.
 
**Linux FTP/Web/File Server**

Debian Linux 2.6.15

- Dual P3 1.0GHz
- 3GB of RAM
- 500GB of Disk Space
- Raid 1

Uptime = 85 days...

**Linux Mail Server**

Debian Linux 2.6.15

- Dual P3 1.2GHz
- 2GB of RAM
- 500 GB of Disk Space
- Raid 1

- Postfix = MTA
- Dovecot = MDA

**Linux Work Station**

Debian Linux 2.6.15

- Pentium 4 2.4GHz
- 512MB of RAM
- 250 GB of Disk Space
- Nvidia Geforce 4
 
2x866 on Supermicro board, 2gb of ecc ram, 3x300 in raid 5, dual onboard 10/100 nics, enermax 550 watt psu, 9gb scsi boot disk, Debian sarge. But who cares? I mean, you know you're not going to care what anyone posts in this thread. :p

 
unhappy_mage said:
But who cares? I mean, you know you're not going to care what anyone posts in this thread. :p


Heh, so true. This is one of those threads that everyone posts in but nobody actually reads. :p
 
Fileserver:
Athlon XP 1700+
512MB RAM
4x 250GB Samsung HDD (RAID-1, LVM)
2x Intel eepro1000 NICs
Gentoo Linux

HTPC:
Athlon 64 3200+
Passive 6600GT
120GB HDD
Dual SD Tuner
MythTV
Gentoo Linux (32-bit kernel)

Workstation:
Opteron 165 @ 2714MHz
2GB RAM
75GB Raptor, 320GB WD
Passive 6800GS
Gentoo Linux (64-bit kernel)
(also have a windows partition for OC utilities and crashing ;) - I think this still counts as this is primarily running linux)

Old workstation (still need to decide what to do with this one):
Barton 2500+ at 2.5GHz
1 GB RAM
250GB Samsung
6600GT
Gentoo Linux
 
unhappy_mage said:
2x866 on Supermicro board, 2gb of ecc ram, 3x300 in raid 5, dual onboard 10/100 nics, enermax 550 watt psu, 9gb scsi boot disk, Debian sarge. But who cares? I mean, you know you're not going to care what anyone posts in this thread. :p



I read! :)
 
Back
Top