Whats your opinion on skickers

Nervosa

n00b
Apon lookin at notebooks on ebay i have notice some people leave stickers on them from when they bought them.

I would like to know if anyone around here leaves them on and why?
To me it just looks like a mess and makes the whole unit look trashy.
I dont even like have the cpu sticker on or the "designed for ???" but thats just me.

I leave them on...doesn't really bother me...plus if they weren't there, would you not be a little concerned if what they say is in there is really in there?

Well if i got it from a store i know whats in it, or i could look at the system properties.

Also what to say someone has a p2 300mhz and though it would be funny to put a p4 sticker on it.

I do leave the stuff on for a week or so to make sure im keeping it, after that i take them off,

..to each there own

Its got to do with the mentality of the person

i know people who refuse to remove the stickers from anything they buy. i think it has to do with believeing the future resale value is more important than having it look nice now

the other half the time the people just didn't realize they could remove them.

LOL!

Well it depends on the stickers you are talking about.

I left the stickers Windows XP, CPU, GPU stickers etc. on mine but that's the only stickers I got unless you count the protective plastic which I removed as soon as I opened the unit.

I'd never leave any stickers that make it look as though it should be in display in some store. :);)

This is actually a weird thing with laptops. At work we have all laptops and almost all of them have the stickers left on them. I don't even think about taking my sticker off any of my laptops. Maybe it's because they add a little color to the laptops heh.

I did remove the stickers off my old Dell D600 at work when I had it. I replaced it with a AMD 64 sticker from those Newegg ads lol. Some people actually asked...

With my laptop I left the AMD64 and ATI 9600 stickers on. They look cool and show off what your laptop has. If it was a P4 sticker I probably would take that off, I'm more proud of having a Athlon 64.

But I took the widescreen sticker off from the screen and other stickers.

I did have a Digital Hi-8 Camcorder which had what seemed like a dozen stickers on it. From battery life to the zoom feature. I never bothered to take them off because it added color, kept it new looking, and made it look more expensive with all the features listed like it was.

my thinkpad only has a "Intel Centrino Mobile Technology" and a "Designed for Windows XP" sticker.. i leave it on, i like them, they dont bother me.

though, on my friend's HP it lists all the specs and crap like that, like the monitor width and resolution etc...... those kind of stickers i take off.

You might remove stickers as you are perhaps non-materialistic r don't like to flash your stuff around. Some leave them on, and some even pay to stick more on!

Some people pay to lift weights at the gym, some people in poor countries get paid to left weight at the local markets.

Heh, the Intel and Windows stickers on my Inspiron 8200 went bye bye when I replaced the palm inserts with the faux burled walnut ones. Now that's adding color to your Laptop. I think it looks classy that way with all the wood.

I've got the centrino sticker and the designed for windows xp sticker still on mine. Kinda dissapointed that my ATI sticker came off.

TimothyB said:
With my laptop I left the AMD64 and ATI 9600 stickers on. They look cool and show off what your laptop has. If it was a P4 sticker I probably would take that off, I'm more proud of having a Athlon 64.

But I took the widescreen sticker off from the screen and other stickers.

Whats your laptop? I ask because it sounds like the one I just bought last Friday. Athlong 64, ATI 9600, 512 ram, 80 gig HD, 15.4 in wide screen. $1100 from Best Buy...the last one they had..its was the display model.

I took the "wide screen" sticker off, but the athlon 64 and ati 9600 stickers are still there. They don't bug me, so I havent seen a reason to pull them.

Shadowspawn said:
TimothyB said:

But I took the widescreen sticker off from the screen and other stickers.[\QUOTE]

Whats your laptop? I ask because it sounds like the one I just bought last Friday. Athlong 64, ATI 9600, 512 ram, 80 gig HD, 15.4 in wide screen. $1100 from Best Buy...the last one they had..its was the display model.

I took the "wide screen" sticker off, but the athlon 64 and ati 9600 stickers are still there. They don't bug me, so I havent seen a reason to pull them.

I had the emachine 6805. You might have got the 6810 or 6811. Mine developed the crack on the hinge and I just exchanged it for a Gateway 7405GX, which is basically the 6811 renamed, same casing, but slightly slower Athlon 64 at 3200 insteadd of 3400+, but a faster 8x DVD-R. Gateway bought Emachines a while ago, so the old 68XX line is now the Gateway 7405GX. It also has some new ultrabright screen that has that glossy finish.

Here's a photo of my 6805 with all the stickers after just buying it. When I posted the photos in the laptop photo section, sure enough I got comments on the stickers :)

http://premium.uploadit.org/TimothyB/My_laptop2.jpg

Yep, thats mine, the Gateway 7405GX. I convinced it to play Half Life 2 yesterday. It's not bad. Should keep me entertained while in the field with the Air Force next month.

/end thread hijack

EDIT: Oh, and I removed the sticker on the left of the mouse pad. Just left the three on the right.

I still have the Centrino and the Designed for Windows XP sticker on the right, and a powered by Red Hat Linux on the left palmrest (dual boot).

My Latitude didn't come with all those other stickers though. My Toshiba did though, and I took them all off.

I take off all stickers from my laptops/cameras when I get them. To me they look cheezy and eventually will get gummy and nasty but if you want to remove them then, the paint will be discolored from uneven wear. So remove them early and save your equipment's long term looks. :)

--KK

I still have the ATI, Centrino, and XP stickers, but I took off the big sticker with the specs on it.

I left the stickers on my Dell 8100, although sometimes I get bored with the black palmrests and put a different color on it and then I lose the stickers until i snap the black palmrests back in. On other things, like point and shoot digital cameras, they're among the first thing I peel off. I usually stick em on the manual... although my 1D MK II didn't have any stickers on it *sob*.

Back