• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What's your highest STABLE stock overclock?

Odio

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 1, 2009
Messages
86
Absolute stock. Stable is eight hours of orthos/prime95/OCCT.

ndrmut.png


It wouldn't do 10 minutes at 445.
 
I have an E8400 at 4.005ghz on air and another E8400 at 4.15ghz on water.
Both are very stable 24/7 orthos for as long as I let them run.
 
I've tested my Q9550 at up to 3.4GHz with stock volts. I've never really done a lot of tweaking around to see what the highest I can get it up to is though.
 
I'm confused, what is this thread about? If its about highest overclock on stock voltage my q6600 runs 3ghz at its vid of 1.2625v (its usually undervolted to 1.25v). I'll give it a push tommorow to see how far it'll go.
 
Yep if meaning stock voltage, my q6600 will do 3.0ghz on stock vcore of 1.2750v, that gets boring, then you start pushing higher, 3.4ghz @1.3750, 3.6ghz@1.4v, then i went up to 1.50265 for 3.8ghz, runs nice and cool, 5x 2000 rpm fans in my case helps, 2 on a lapped TRUE, best bang for buck cpu ive ever owned.:)
 
I am guessing you mean on the chips VID? If not please do explain. I had mine to 3GHz right when I got it undervolted from the 1.18v VID (Heh, got it right this time Zero :p) and went straight to 3.8GHz on 1.20v.
 
My Q9450 will do 3.4GHz with stock voltage. I have it running at 3.6GHz with only a small bump in voltage.
 
Just tried 345x9 and let it do 10 runs of IBT while I was downstairs eating, didn't expect it to even make it into windows but got a nice suprise since it 100% passed! Thanks for nudging me into doing that Odio.
 
Just tried 345x9 and let it do 10 runs of IBT while I was downstairs eating, didn't expect it to even make it into windows but got a nice suprise since it 100% passed! Thanks for nudging me into doing that Odio.

10 runs is not enough imo. I have done 10 intel runs @ 4.5 (532*8.5) and it passes, then i do 11-13 and it fails right after, to me stable is atleast 20 runs ;)

as for the thread, like others my q9550 does 3.45ghz on stock volts :cool:
 
I'm confused, what is this thread about? If its about highest overclock on stock voltage my q6600 runs 3ghz at its vid of 1.2625v (its usually undervolted to 1.25v). I'll give it a push tommorow to see how far it'll go.
The highest you can overclock your computer without touching any voltage settings in the bios.
 
My cpu does 3.1ghz at 1.26v on bios but on load its actually 1.2v(vdroop). Vdroop is pretty bad on my IP35 Pro. I have been trying to get it at 3.6 but I don't know how to do that just yet.
 
Are we talking stock or AUTO voltage? There is a difference, many boards tend to overvolt a shade when you use the auto setting and start increasing frequency.
 
I am manually set it to 1.26 but on load it actually goes to 1.2v because of the droop on my motherboard.
 
Back
Top