Whats your favorite mail program?

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
Whats your favorite email program and why?

Mine is Thunderbird because it is so portable. If I want to bring my emails to my mac or linux machine all I have to do is move the thunderbird folder from windows to the mac or linux box and boom there there.

PocoMail because it is safer, and because it is extremely flexible.

This from the PocoMail website:

1. Unlike some competing products, PocoMail doesn't use the Internet Explorer component to preview your HTML messages. Instead it uses an internal HTML viewer.
2. PocoMail does not understand VBScript or JavaScript, which are used to write email viruses.
3. PocoMail will not run PocoScript, its own scripting language, from messages you receive. While VBScript and JavaScript let a third-party control your mailer, PocoScript was designed to let you better control your mailer. You'll need to enable PocoScript on a message (to better process it) before the script can run

PocoMail

I'm sure this will get me stoned (erm, I don't mean the recreational type of stoned!), but I still use Outlook 2003, and can't see myself changing. Maybe it's just the familiarity, but whenever I try another client, I hate it..

Untill a few months ago I used Outlook2k3, but Im moving to Evolution on linux, not got all the features of 2k3, but its better than thunderbird :)

Outlook. I never have a problem, and communicates with exchange servers and all it's features...

As long as you are safe ( with any client ), I can't see a problem. And, from what I understand, Outlook has several features that have not been carried over into the other clients. My boss loves the ability, for example, to drag and drop an email on to her appt book.

So no shame in that. I have to say, if it didn't cost the company about 200 bucks per copy, I'd want to play with outlook too. As it stands, I use squirrelmail/thunderbird.

darktiger said:
Outlook. I never have a problem, and communicates with exchange servers and all it's features...

back in the day i use to use Outlook Express, but then i moved on to Office 2k3 Outlook (and i love it, its the best). But i was wondering if there was anything better out there... so i started playing around with the free apps, and i tried Thunderbird for a while, and i HATED it! Its really not very functional, i would much rather use OE than Thunderbird...

I love the calendar feature in Outlook

I use Outlook 2K3 and I love it. Outlook is something I've been using for years mainly because it's what I use at my place of employment. I guess I'm used to it but I do like how it does things.

That being said, does anyone ever use Eudora anymore? I'm just wondering because back when I was like in my early 20's (I'm almost 36 now) I remember briefly using Eudora and it was cool and everything back then because email programs weren't too great to begin with. I don't remember why I stopped using it though. It was completely free back then as there was no Pro version that you needed to pay for like there is today.

outlook2k3 - best features. works with exchange.

i used lotus notes at a previous company, worst program i have EVER used.

We use Outlook here. It plain works. For home, I still just use OE, because my mail isn't really important at home.

I use thunderbird. It's fast. I like it.
THe one thing I HATE about Thunderbird is that your addressbook is all jumbled. Since I have multiple accounts, I like to have an address book for Account 1, an addressbook for Account 2, and so on. I'm never going to email an Account 2 person from Account 1, so why do I need their name there?

As far as I know, thunderbird doesn't have an extension to fix this. Does Pocomail let you create individual addressbooks for each account? I'd be willing to switch if it did.

Back