Whats your favorite Lian-Li case?

burningrave101

[H]F Junkie
I'm thinking about picking up a Lian-Li in place of my Thermaltake Tsunami because even though the looks of the Tsunami is great i'm somewhat limited with interior space. The hard drives are too close to my 6800GT and its a pain to install and uninstall my OCZ PowerStream 520w. I'm also starting to dislike the green PCI slot clips because they dont do a very good job of holding the card in tight and their a bitch to unsnap at times when their holding a card in.

I'm thinking about the Lian-Li PC-65B because i think a full tower is too big for my needs and at the moment i'm not very fond of the looks of the new V series BTX standard cases. I like the look of the older models and windows better. I also hate the stupid wheels on the bottom of them.

The one thing that i will miss the most about the Tsunami though is the 120mm fans. The PC-65B uses 80mm fans.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-112-040&depa=0

So whats your favorite Lian-Li case? Is the PC-65B somewhat of a legend or do you think there is a better mid-tower model?

I'd really go with the V1000 series, even with the funky layout. You get 120mm fans, and I think you can just remove the silly wheels if you don't like them. And the black version of the V1000 with a window looks nice to me.

Heck, maybe you should wait for the Antec P180.

Wheels are definitely removeable.

I own an original PC70, and it is a great case, even without the removeable motherboard tray. Can't really go wrong with any Lian Li, so ultimately just pick the one you like the looks of the best. The 65 is certainly a legend.

If I were to buy a LL, though, I would probably go for the V series as well. Those cases are remarkable.

Meh@Vseries. If I wanted a mac, I'd buy one. PC series all the way :D Can't go wrong with any of the 6x cases, although I'm particularly fond of the PC75B

I have the V1000B, I might end up removing the wheels as I have already removed one of the HDD Racks.. (X-Connect PSU was a bit long and I dont need 6 hdd racks) But with the PSU being at the bottom, and the idea is for the PSU to draw fresh air from the bottom, I may not remove the wheels, or might and just make some little feet or something, But it is one damn fine sexy case :) I love it.

I'd choose a chromed PC65, but I hate them all pretty much equally. Don't know what people see in them :confused:

i have a pc76 and it is easily the best "stock" case that i've owned. plenty of room for everything and it's not much bigger than a pc75 (just a little wider but lots more drive space)

Ok maybe i'm just totally missing it but whats the difference between the different V series cases? There is the V1000B, V1000B W, V1100B, V1200B, V2000B and V2100B.

It looks like the V1000B W is the version with a window and the V2X00 series is full tower while the V1X00 series is mid-tower. The V1100 appears to have a front door on it.

Whats the difference between the V1000, V1100 and V1200?

Another thing i dont like about the BTX standard is the window is on the right side instead of the left. My case sits on the right side of my desk damnit! lol

BossNoodleKaboodle said:
ANYTHING WITH WHEELS! VROOM VROOM! I wanna get one and put a huge fan in it so I can race it with a friend :D
D2-2.jpg

What?

burningrave101 said:
Ok maybe i'm just totally missing it but whats the difference between the different V series cases? There is the V1000B, V1000B W, V1100B, V1200B, V2000B and V2100B.

It looks like the V1000B W is the version with a window and the V2X00 series is full tower while the V1X00 series is mid-tower. The V1100 appears to have a front door on it.

Whats the difference between the V1000, V1100 and V1200?

Another thing i dont like about the BTX standard is the window is on the right side instead of the left. My case sits on the right side of my desk damnit! lol

B for Black, W for window, bigger numbers are bigger cases.

V2000 definitely. I love all the space. The huge drive rack. The solid construction. Everything.

I love my 75B cause of all the room, etc. However, I used to own a 6089 (with the blue cover) and I loved that too. Personally, I really like the removable MoBo trays. I will tell you that silencing these big-aluminum chassis is tough, because of the nature of their construction, there tends to be a little rattling that cane drive you nuts over time. I have 4 aluminum case fans that I had to put rubber grommets on to help out. Also, the 75B does not have Firewire on the front. Anyway, you cant go wrong with the LianLi series....it seems to be like if you are in for a change, go with the V2000B! Looks like a badass case to me!

I have a PC-60, but I literally just ordered the V1000-W about an hour ago. The 1200 is the same as the 1000, but longer. It allows for the Extended ATX mobos, that's about the only difference. I really don't see how people are impressed with these cases, they are definitely worth the money.

Do the wheels on the V series have a locking mechanism? I dont want one if the thing is going to roll back and forth on my desk. I have a big wooden desk with a smooth surface and it would suck for the POS to roll off in the floor lol.

I have a PC-75 and it is a dream to work on as you can just reach inside it and do whatever you want. I'm also building a new box based on the PC-601B that is shaping up quite nicely and the window for the 6 series fits it as well. If you want to get better service and a dealer who really knows their product you can go to: http://www.bridgeview.com/ or their online store at: http://www.silverpcs.com. They have all the Lian-Li accessories in stock that NewEgg doesn't even carry.

Is the cooling in the Lian-Li PC-65B pretty good? I noticed it only has one rear 80mm fan and no side panel fans. It does have an 80mm top exhaust fan and 2 80mm intake fans though.

burningrave101 said:
Is the cooling in the Lian-Li PC-65B pretty good? I noticed it only has one rear 80mm fan and no side panel fans. It does have an 80mm top exhaust fan and 2 80mm intake fans though.

Not really.

This is coming from someone who sold a PC61 for a Tsunami for that very reason. The PC61s cooling was very inadequate. That and the thin aluminum got bent too easily and I couldn't install PCI cards (no more Audigy :mad: ). This is not an isolated incident if you actually read the user reviews on Newegg, other users had the same issues with their gfx cards being pulled out of the slot.

To answer the original question, my favorite is by far the PC6077B. With the 9 re-configurable drive bays it has great potential for water cooling and cable management, and it's the only mid-tower case they offer that actually has 2 80mm exhaust fans like it should, as well as the vent on the bottom to help with airflow from the intake if you place it on the bottom as it is shipped. Great design I think..

It might be good to wait for abit because LianLi look to be coming out with new revisions of their old cases.

There's already a PC60-Plus, PC7Plus and a PC6070Plus. As far as I've seen anyway. The main difference is that they're starting to incorporate 120mm fans, ducts and a few small changes. The PC60-Plus looks great. :)

You can check out the details at the Korean site. http://www.lian-li.co.kr

wow. been looking for a small case that takes a full size motherboard.
The "pc-35 k3 black" looks good.
looks like it would be easy to stick 120mm fans front an top
thanks for the link :)

EvilNick said:
It might be good to wait for abit because LianLi look to be coming out with new revisions of their old cases.

There's already a PC60-Plus, PC7Plus and a PC6070Plus. As far as I've seen anyway. The main difference is that they're starting to incorporate 120mm fans, ducts and a few small changes. The PC60-Plus looks great. :)

You can check out the details at the Korean site. http://www.lian-li.co.kr

That might be a good idea but i'd like to get something pretty soon if possible. I wonder when the new revisions will start showing up?

burningrave101 said:
I'm thinking about picking up a Lian-Li in place of my Thermaltake Tsunami because even though the looks of the Tsunami is great i'm somewhat limited with interior space. The hard drives are too close to my 6800GT and its a pain to install and uninstall my OCZ PowerStream 520w. I'm also starting to dislike the green PCI slot clips because they dont do a very good job of holding the card in tight and their a bitch to unsnap at times when their holding a card in....
If you go the Lian-Li route, would you be selling your Tsunami? If so, I might be interested in it.
LMK.

Thanks!

BTW, burninggrave... it's fairly easy to remove and discard the PCI clips.

That might be a good idea but i'd like to get something pretty soon if possible.

The sales reference I gave earlier is the largest importer of Lian-Li cases in the USA. They should be able to get you anything if they don't have it in stock. They used to sell to NewEgg...

7th Angel said:
If you go the Lian-Li route, would you be selling your Tsunami? If so, I might be interested in it.
LMK.

Thanks!

Yes i will be selling it as soon as i migrate to a new Lian-Li case. I've only had the Tsunami for a month so i'll probably be selling it for like $80-$90 + shipping cost. Its the black one with a window.

http://www.lian-li.co.kr/pc_case/Pc-61/pc-61_plus.php

I'm not sure if i like that new air duct and blower set on the PC-61 Plus. It may interfere with things like larger heatsinks and they also block the view of the components through the window. It wouldn't look very good with LED fans and CCFL's i dont think ither.

I wish they would of just added a 120mm intake and exhaust fan and had the 80mm or 92mm blowhole up top and left it at that instead of sticking those air ducts in there.

What do you guys think about it?

http://www.lian-li.co.kr/pc_case/Pc-7b/pc-7b_plus.php

PC-V2000A with Window and dual 120mm blowholes up top<<< My case. My second favorite would be the PC-7077...CMstacker>>>"eat my shorts". PC-30, 37, 3077>>> dumbest. idea. ever.

How come some of the new PLUS series models have an 80mm fan in the back and some have a 120mm fan?

120mm

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...=2709&osCsid=fd8b32c2d3b2c336bf91de492bda1731

80mm

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-112-211&depa=1

Here is a review for the Lian-Li PC-60 Plus

http://www.amdreview.com/reviews.php?rev=pc-60plus

And the PC-7 Plus

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/cases/Lian_Li_PC-7_Plus/index.htm

I dont think i'll like the V1000B very much. Especially not after reading this review over at ViperLiar.

http://www.viperlair.com/reviews/cases/other/cases/lianli/v1000/p2.shtml

ViperLair said:
Personally, I find castors on cases kind of ugly, but in anycase, the V1000 has them. It does make rolling the case forward and back easier, but not side to side. The wheels are rubber coated, and once they are locked into place, the V1000 does not move around very much. Overall, the case is not as immobile as one without castors as even with the lock in place, I found that the V1000 would still roll about half an inch in either direction, which got to be fairly annoying whenever I pushed in a USB flash drive in the front or rear.

ViperLair said:
The flaws are many though, and are the direct result of the design of the case. While we can appreciate Lian-Li's attempt of bringing a semi-BTX design to the V1000, we did not see much of a benefit for cooling. To start, the front case fan gets little to no airflow to the motherboard as the segmented area it resides in blocks most of it. The PSU installation also negates any case cooling ability of the PSU as the fan is blocked off from the rest of the chassis. This leaves the lone 120mm rear fan as the sole source of cooling for the motherboard and system.

While the perforated front bezel allows some airflow through the chassis, there is no active cooling drawing the air into the main area, forcing the rear fan and CPU fan to do most of the work. While the CPU's temperature was alright (for air cooling), the Hyper 48's temperature controlled fan was forced to run full speed continuously, even under light to moderate load in the V1000, thus creating more noise than it would in a well cooled chassis. For the other two cases, the Antec allowed the Hyper 48's fan to stay in the low range, while in the Cooler Master, the fan was running at about medium.

Installation-wise, the case design made sense, but your options will be somewhat limited in a few areas. To start, IDE hard drives will have some issues unless you use a 24" IDE cable. The PSU will need to be a "standard" PSU as our modular one would not fit at all. Keep in mind that the size of the PSU will also limit your options as oversized PSUs will not fit into the chamber.

I have an OCZ PowerStream so i'm pretty sure i'll have the same issues getting the PSU installed and i dont want something that rolls back and forth on my desk when i'm working on it.

Stellar said:
BTW, burninggrave... it's fairly easy to remove and discard the PCI clips.

How do you discard them and use regular screws instead? The holes dont look threaded to use screws.

My first Lian LI, the PC 6070B, the quiet case in black. I fricken' love it. Running an AMD64 3500 and a 6800 Ultra at stock, and the computer is soo quiet. The case looks great, has a blue led on the front, which is, of course, the current cool LED color.

THe V1000 the one that looks like a Apple G5 :p

But I hate front USB and Audio Ports.. It ruins the clean look... :(

my pc-61. it's been modded pretty well and i think i plan on keeping it as long as i can.

I wouldn't be mad if someone decided to give me a V2100...either flavor works for me.

Back