What's your favorite free CD/DVD burning software?

gtg465x

2[H]4U
While there seems to be a lot of free CD/DVD burning software out there, I haven't been able to find anything that I really love.

I've used FinalBurner Free and I've heard some people mention ImgBurn and CDBurnerXP.

Update

The results so far are...

Imgburn - 14
CDBurnerXP - 5
BurnAware - 2
Infrarecorder - 2

Imgburn for the moment. It has a TON of functionality that I don't even know about but it's been able to do pretty much anything that I need it to do so far. For free? I don't know that you can get much better.

But Imgburn is only for images right?

It doesn't do data does it?

So I'm trying Imgburn as everyone suggests, but so far I'm not too impressed. I had to read a how to on their website just to burn an audio cd. I'll keep using it, but it's not looking good so far.

InfraRecorder is another one that looks ok.

So I'm trying Imgburn as everyone suggests, but so far I'm not too impressed. I had to read a how to on their website just to burn an audio cd. I'll keep using it, but it's not looking good so far.

InfraRecorder is another one that looks ok.

Dude, just download and use CDBurnerXP Pro. It's FREE and simple to use,nothing wrong with it.

ImgBurn for the win.

Nothing as reliable to burn an image (or create one) than ImgBurn.

my preferences lie with ImgBurn and CDBurnerXP depending on what I'm doing... and any time I have to recommend something to someone who's not so good with software, it's CDBurnerXP

Once the bug is fixed, and it is re-released, I'll be giving Infrarecorder a try. It has a download for my PortableApps drive, so I'll give it a whirl.

I've been using nero for years, it wasn't free though. I'll give some of these others a shot instead of upgrading nero again!

I've been using Nero for many years as well. It does what I need it to do, so I've never really felt the need to replace it. I've been using 6 since it came out and it's getting a little long in the tooth now, so I may try a couple of the apps mentioned in this thread.

I use Sonic, Roxio 6, and Nero 6. Hey they were free. They came with hardwares I buy like motherboards and burners. lol

I'm not a speed junkie when it comes to burning. As long as it does the job, I have no problem with it.

Ive always used Nero. Its never given me unwanted results, except the version I have doesnt seem to support ripping DVDs (as far as I can tell), so I use other programs to do that such as Magic DVD Ripper.

+1 for ImgBurn.

Couldn't find anything I liked as much on the Mac so I sucked it up and shelled out the $100 for Toast 8 Titanium. Great software, but not quite sure if it's worth that steep of a price tag unless you burn A LOT. I burn quite a bit, so it was necessary but Roxio could be more generous.

MagicISO

But seeing all these votes for imgburn is really making me thinking of trying it out.

EDIT: Didn't see thread was free. Oops.

I rarely burn, but prefer Imgburn. Nero got bloated and deserves to be in the list along with Symantec.

Data-imgburn
Music-WMP (its easy and fast)

I used to use Roxio, but it had a little to much "crap" with it. so, nero now

Back