Whats wrong with this picture

Desolate

Limp Gawd

HOLY WHITE DOTS!

The card idles at 70*.. The card shoots up to about 80* after 3 mins of play (which I think is normal)... I also get these dots even b4 it heats up to 80* at 71* I still have the issue..... the white dots also get worse as th e card heats.... what gives...? It mostly does it with hdr... or high stress. :eek: :confused:

That is artifacting. Sounds like a heat problem. Sounds like you need a better heatsink? You overclocking? That will also raise the heat and just cause random problems. If you are overclocking, I suggest lowering it down to stock and see if they go away. If you arnt, sounds like a heat issue.

That would be heat, and directly related to Memory. I suggest down clocking or getting better cooling, I really suggest the later.

The card is running at stock speeds as far as I can tell from your picture. If its still under warranty forget getting another cooler for it. I would RMA it, you may get back a newer card like an X800 series, since ATI may not be manufacturing 9800xt's any more.

No I am not overclocked at all. I never did OC this card.. Im going to look for my booklet and see what the warrenty is... And also take it out and check for dust....

Yeah, definitely check for dust and/or pet hair. If you clean it out then it will probably go back to normal.

Yup all fixed, there was clumps of dust in the heatsink. :eek: Took awhile to clean but very worth it. Thanks people :)

the problem here maybe simplier then you think. If you know anything about your video I suggest that you:
-unplug computer and monitor
-take video card out of your computer then remove the HSF from your video card
-reinstall some thermal compound (Artic Silver 5 is the best)
-on use enough to place an even "THIN" layer on the GPU
-ressemble
-place back into computer
-make sure when you turn everything on that your fan is working
-if so enjoy some gaming
-if problem presists RMA it!
-if you don't know how to take it apart go to an authorize repairer.

The only thing i see wrong in the picture is .... im not seeing that girl, pls move the others (jk)

Back